• Register Today It's free!

2011 Mustang 5.0

Freshmeat

Reaction score
City, State
Denham Springs, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ranger STX SC
Someone in my Elite thread asked me to post pictures of my new Mustang when it comes in. It arrived today; I'm going tomorrow morning to sign all the paperwork. Here are a few cell phone teaser pics if anyone is interested.

It'll be my first Mustang. I've only ever driven one, which was a 2010 during a test drive and that was just to check out the space, suspension, and the other minor details that carried over to the '11.

This one is kona blue metallic with saddle leather interior, Shaker 500, HIDs, 3.73s, 19" nickel painted wheels, six speed manual, security, and other crap I'm forgetting. I already have a set of 1.5" drop coils waiting to be installed and I'm taking it Saturday to have the windows tinted. Next (and last, for a long time) mod will be body-color flush mount window louvers.

I've been waiting three months for this bad boy to arrive; I can't wait to get in and fire it up for the first time!

ca122ef5.jpg

3fb20721.jpg

51a24f5e.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stellar! Beautiful car... :thumbsup:

I think that was me, man that is a beautiful car though just need to get college out of the way and a real job then, I think one has my name all over it.

Absolutely gourgous!!! Sadly any 2011 is outta my league for awhile, but I plan on putting the new 5.0 in a fox body coupe one of these days.

Don't stop there with the mods!!! A cold air and a tune has been worth 25+ rwhp on 05+ GTs... I bet it will be the same for the 5.0

nice stang u plan on doing any mods to it

Absolutely gourgous!!! Sadly any 2011 is outta my league for awhile, but I plan on putting the new 5.0 in a fox body coupe one of these days.

Don't stop there with the mods!!! A cold air and a tune has been worth 25+ rwhp on 05+ GTs... I bet it will be the same for the 5.0
I won't be doing anything like that for a while; all the manufacturers are tweaking their numbers to look the best. I'm going to give it time for enough aftermarket stuff to get into the hands of mortal men and see what they're actually adding.

Man, this car is stupid fast. It'll take some time to acclimate from the Explorer shifter to the close-gate short throw shifter in the Mustang, but otherwise it's nothing short of ridiculous. With the six speed and 3.73s it felt like I wasn't even completely out of the parking lot before I was reflexively tossing it into second after an instantaneous burst off the redline. Fast. I mean just insanely fast. I absolutely love this car. I haven't been able to stop grinning since I fired it up for the first time.

That's not even getting into the Shaker 500 (which I only turned on to confirm its functionality) or the Sync. Or the HID headlights.

...and it's all mine. :D

Here are a couple more shots. I'm hoping to get my wife to help me with taking some high quality photos with her bad ass camera this weekend.

ea042ef4.jpg

a26a5bfd.jpg

That thing is hot!! Lucky!!

Man I remember when my dad got his 05 mustang. Manual, convertible, GT, yellow, the color that was later discontinued. He had it custom made to order. It was the first one like it in the state. He just couldn't wait for the Shelby to come out...

Oh wow- I really like the contrast on the Saddle interior. Very sharp! :thumbsup:

looks bad ass

In the last week I tinted the windows, added a matte black decklid panel, and lowered it 1.5". It's like a whole new car! I'll try to get some updated pictures this weekend.

Awesome looking Stang there. I got a 2005 with the Flowmaster American Thunder series, and I've seen clips of the new 5.0 with the same muffler and it sounds BADASS. Can't wait to see these things with Long Tubes, Lopey Cams, superchargers, etc.

gonna have to take some pictures of the stang that just rolled in to the body shop today. It is so sweet. It has a lot more than this but this is all I could find after a quick look: CAI, MAC cat back I think, full length headers, NOS, Venti 5-spoke wheels, Nitto tires, Cragar brakes, drilled/slotted rotors, front sway bar, saleen shocks, custom springs, HIDs, SCT tuned, and a whole lot more. I'll have to upload some pics at some time. This guy has his own dyno and he drag races it too, but he also drives it a lot. All I know is that it is a GT, I couldn't tell you anymore about it except that it is the 05-09? body style.

I love the stock exhaust note. If anything it'll get headers and H-pipe on the stock mufflers.

My next move is lower control arms and relocation brackets to help correct the angles. By then Steeda should have their short throw shifter out and I'll be happy for a bit longer.

Absolute GARBAGE!! Just get rid of it.

Give it to ME :D
Sweet ride, can't wait to see better pics.
short

Thanks for all the complements guys! I love this thing- especially that I can rip the throttle wide open every time the roadways are clear and I'm still getting 19.2mpg on this tank!!

Here's an updated shot with the new stance... I think it looks 10x better:

4d46d320.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back