Wanted - tranny 94 explorer 4litre auto | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted tranny 94 explorer 4litre auto

Parts or services wanted

bethveldhuis

Reaction score
City, State
Leduc alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt 4x4
Hi
Im looking for a used tranny for my explorer 4x4 . I'm near edmonton alberta. this is the second one i went thru Bought a crappy rebulit that caved and the guy wouldn't warreny it less than 3000.km .. bought another and the frony pump was damaged ,, upom installation but agoin no warrenty,

one more try then i scrap her ,, can't afford to buy another vehicle but can maybe try to keep her on the rd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi
Im looking for a used tranny for my explorer 4x4 . I'm near edmonton alberta. this is the second one i went thru Bought a crappy rebulit that caved and the guy wouldn't warreny it less than 3000.km .. bought another and the frony pump was damaged ,, upom installation but agoin no warrenty,

one more try then i scrap her ,, can't afford to buy another vehicle but can maybe try to keep her on the rd

If you want to keep the truck,I would say go to Jasper and buy a rebuild.They will stand behind it as long as you do what they say as far as installation and replacing any external tranny coolers.
It's going to be hard to find a good used tranny because they were not good transmissions to begin with.I'm not picking on you but you have some responsibilities as the vehicle owner to install the tranny correctly such as making sure trans coolers are clean or replaced and if the front pump was damaged during install,that would be on you also.

wanted tranny for 94 explorer

I agree But i doubt my guy screwed the tranny .. Now that I have tried to deal with the seller.. think he ripped me off
do you mean Jasper alberta ? not familiar with where u mean

94 explorer tranny

ouch.. The vehicle is not worth putting 3 grand into . will never get it back oou let alone what u put innit already, too bad that era had such bad trannys

Thanks

plus that apears to be am American site.. Need One close to me in Alberta

I understand,but your choices are very limited.Your best bet will be to find a rusty junker with a decent tranny,flush it and hope for the best.

Otherwise you are going to have to spend big bucks,you are never going to get much for a 1rst gen explorer anyway.I have put about $3000 in mine already and have a $600 repair to do next.If you ever think you will make money trying to sell a used 4x4 you are most likely going to be disappointed.

I just made the choice I was going to keep my 94 and spend the money to fix it,cheaper then car payments.:D

OR... rebuild it yourself. See the thread in the transmission forum that leads you through the process step by step.

thanks But no thanks.. this girl doesn't do that lol

Back