• Register Today It's free!

exhaust

rurso684

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 SPORT TRAC XLT
I am looking to make my sport trac sound a little meaner for under 150$. is this possible to do without buying a whole new exhaust kit?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A simple muffler swap will do some nice sounds without a lot of cost. Sounds/brand preferences vary person to person or, http://www.soundracer.se/

any suggesttions for brand name? type? style? I have never looked into this before

There are a number of exhaust manufactures to look into. Such as Magnaflo, Walker(Dynomax), Flowmaster. If you just want a universal replacement you have to do some measuring and get the best fit or you can choose to go single in dual out.

pretty simple process really, cut out the old muffler, put in the new one, an extension piece may be necessary.

you don't even need to replace the muffler. When mine took a dump at 120k I cut it out and welded in a straight pipe. Sounds really good as there is the still the small resonator in the back by the axle hump.

2010-08-20193010.jpg

2010-08-20193031.jpg

Back