v8 + explorer= ? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

v8 + explorer= ?

So so far what I would like my set up to be is 302-aod-1356. Seems like the best route money wise to get what I want. But if I can get this explorer out of the junkyard with the 302 in it what tranny is behind that motor stock? I think its a 96 or 97. Is it Worth using or should I just buy a AOD to go behind it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're using the Explorer computer that comes with it and wiring harness, definitely use the tranny too! If you're not using the computer and wiring harness, get an AOD. The 5.0 explorer computer controls shifts for the 4R70W that comes in that truck. It is a great tranny though.

Yes they come with the 4r70w. Which is the updated, electronically controlled, wide ratio version of the AOD.

Looks just like an aod and is a great choice for a transmission in my opinion.

I don't know what manual trans they used. If any.

all right ...update ......... in the process of getting the motor out and up to the house ....i'll report back if i broke anything substantial lol :p:

still no stand but i'se got tires .

cool

i want an update on this... did this build get finished, or did it end up unfinished with 95% of the other engine swap projects?

Attack of the zombie thread!

Back