good aftermarket 3rd stoplight for '96 Ex | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

good aftermarket 3rd stoplight for '96 Ex

Hi Guys,

Well just visited my Ex in the shop again and it's now being repaired by another garage (cheaper and hopefully the bugger-carseller will chip in.... :mad:)
(stabelizer bar, steering- or p/s pump, brakes front, new tire front, dash clock darn darn darn darn)

Anyway it doesn't have the 3rd stoplight in the tailgate or anywhere.
What would be a good and easy install aftermarket 3rd stoplight for my Ex ???

well i got a cheap and nice 3rd stoplight which is mounted on the inside of the tailgate.
Now, i thought to simply lead the wire through the original rubber-lead to the inside of the Ex and then to the rearlight unit.
At this point someone suggested that the wiring harnass might have the wires in it for the 3rd stoplight, even though it wasn't fitted with one.

Anyone have an idea on this??? Because then i could connect it straight up inside the tailgate next to the lamp. There is quite a large harnass going from the truck into the tailgate....big bunch of wires :rolleyes:

I'd save yourself the trouble and run your wires from the third brakelight to one of the taillights and splice into the bulb wires there.

Back