'11 Explorer Revealed!! | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

I'm digging option 2 as well as one. I'd prefer a black ranger though. I know someone with one, who I will buy it from :D

I love this type of ranger...awesome! :D Especially since its a crew cab! I'd buy one of these...used of course :p: I think this is how the next U.S. Ranger will look.
Ford_Ranger_Wildtrak_007.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its more expensive but land rover still makes a real SUV.

I think the new explorer police looks awesome :D

the 2011 looks like a kia borrego.

I'm for American vehicles but I would definitely take the kia over the explorer because of its drive train/power train.

Look at toyota's 4runner. I think they are dropping the V8, for only a V6 engine. I think the new explorer needs a more rugged look. Its too much of a street CUV, not the old rugged on/off-road SUV

I'm for American vehicles but I would definitely take the kia over the explorer because of its drive train/power train.

I looked at the specs on that thing over at Kia's website. A more powerful V8 with a 7,500 pound towing capacity and it gets better MPG than the 4th gen Explorer? Sign me up.

I looked at the specs on that thing over at Kia's website. A more powerful V8 with a 7,500 pound towing capacity and it gets better MPG than the 4th gen Explorer? Sign me up.

Yea, I seen it in action on a motorweek episode over a year ago and looked at it at an auto show. There are alot of people that will buy the explorer just because its name is Explorer.

Yea, I seen it in action on a motorweek episode over a year ago and looked at it at an auto show. There are alot of people that will buy the explorer just because its name is Explorer.

True. Though I bought the Explorer because it was a Ford. :D It would take at least a test drive to really convince me of that Kia. But the specs are great. Ford should have used it as a basis for the new Explorer. I imagine the Borrego doesn't sell that well, though.

The explorer is very well-known as we all know. And unlike the borrego the explorer had over 400,000 units sold one year. People want honda civic like fuel economy, but I think ford could have kept a body on frame design, but they didn't. They could have done a lot to keep the frame, and give it outstanding fuel economy. Like...Go to a 5.0L V8, and a 3.7L V6, and done some weight reductions. But they didn't :(

It's always interesting to hear what the engineers of explorerforum have to say.

IMO kia looks like they got good over the years. we had a 97 sephia. and when i didnt know anything bout maintaing cars we would beat the living crap out of it. the only thing that killed it was it got stolen and it was totalled but im sure whoever buys the salvage will get a half decent car

I haven't heard too good things about kia lately, but then they must be better than toyota :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its not an suv, its unibody its a damn car

Back