NEW CHOPPED NAVAJO UPDATE-----what ya'll think? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEW CHOPPED NAVAJO UPDATE-----what ya'll think?

Fatty explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Everett, wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT 5.0
Here she is.....shes come a looooonnnngggg way

liftedexplorer.jpg

0907101843.jpg

0907101858.jpg

0907101845a.jpg

4575_10150237958520078_599900077_13867085_691082_n.jpg

newtruck.jpg

0907101844.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good. :thumbsup:

thanks bro.....tomorrow im going to start fitting the new snug fit soft top, made from arctic vinyl with snap rivets

Ahh, doin' the Turdle thang?? Hope you're a bit faster getting it done though. :p:

Get pictures up soon. :D

im a vinyl top king lol.....its easy if you have a plan....and i do......next work is a dana 30 from a cherokee (xj) with a leaf spring front end

Why a d30? Its not a strong front axle, the D35 is still better.

d30 is stronger than a ttb 35....the ttb is weak side to side where the axle pivots.....leafs will make me happy with a dana 30....plus a dana 30 front on a jeep is stronger than the 35 in the rear its a good candidate without having to use full with axles

Give ya' that. I guess the d30 is the easiest way to get into the SAS arena, without going full blown.

yeah i dont need a 4x4 with the worlds strongest axles lol.......im a good driver lol jk
i just need a solid rig that will handle 33's i hate rocks so im running leafs front and rear im not bothered by ride quality.....ill addmitt its yes cheaper and easier for me to do leafs....but its just for having some weekend fun.....

Well, I am going to stick with the D35 in mine. I have no plans for a SAS. I had enough trouble converting the truck. Why take it all out again? :D However, I do want to max out the suspension on the front end, kind of a mix between a pre-runner and a mild off-roader. I am not really into big wheels or tires, but I like horsepower and I love torque. A mild 2" body lift is a future want.

if u want the pre runner type look run the f150 coil seats....make sure they are the ones with the downward pointy tab on the bottom off the side its a good true 1.5-2 inches

Hmm, might just do that. I am also getting some 32's later this year. Should be a nice addition.

im running 33s now...they work good........i need some good pictures of peoples rigs who have done a SOA so i know what kind of box i need to do for the frame!!!

THANKS ALL

looks good

Sweet ride Fatty---

Can you please post more picks of the current topper/cab in the back I am really interested. :)

Really Dig it! Without the top...

thats a sweet ride. nice work.

So um where in the World did ya find a Camper Shell to fit that ??

lol very good question haha.....its exactly 5 feet by 5 feet when you chop a 2 door off.........4 door nissan frontier pickup...a little very small trimming on the back of the truck cab and it will fit perfect

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have to say this rig is absolutly bad A$$ dude. keep up the good work and posr more pics

Back