Borg Warner T-case 4405 parts; where to get them? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Borg Warner T-case 4405 parts; where to get them?

Abbé Ioannes

Reaction score
City, State
Prague, CZ, Europe
Year, Model & Trim Level
´98 Explorer 4.0 + LPG
Fellow-explorers,

I´ve been searching for a BW 4405 shift shaft but I haven´t found any seller to have it on stock. :( Might it be a part of an electric shift cam? Any ideas?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you already checked with T&B? (tbtrans.com)
Their phone# is 800.405.4226
There are parts available that are not listed on their website, I found.

Good luck!

Keren :)

Thanks. I have called them and hopefully I´ll have the part. Thanks for help. Jan

Success! I´ve got the part! Keren, I shall be your humbled servant till the end of my days! :)

Haha! In that case, feel free to come on out to Tennessee and rebuild mine when you're finished. LOL

Glad you found what you needed. :)

No problem now. Since I bouht my Explorer I have become a professional. In August I pulled out the engine, rebuilt timing chains and all that stuff and it´s running :) T-case is a piece of cake! Only the shipping over the ocean is a bit annoying. The part cost 20 dollars, shipping almost 70! I´ll just pack my stuff and I´m flying there :D

Awesome! We'd be glad to have you! Let me ask you, is it an okay think to reuse the nut that holds the output shaft flange on? You know, the one that has to be torqued to 250 ft lbs? I'll be attempting my first rebuild of one of these in the next few weeks....

It´s okay to reuse it if it´s in a good condition. And I have one useful advice: tighten it when the T-case is back in its place. What are you going to do with your T-case? Frame-off restoration or just some smaller job?

Honestly, I'm gonna try to spend as little $ as possible. I'm a stay at home mom, so I'm always conscious of what I'm spending. ;) - and the tranny shop wanted $1200 to do the rebuild - WITHOUT replacing the case halves! So I told them I'd just pick it up and do it myself. Mine looks almost identical to the one in the forum's rebuild diary. Chewed teeth on the hi/lo shift collar, damaged nylon guides, etc.... I didn't get a good look at the case halves though, so I'm not sure if I'm gonna need them. I'll be opening up a 4r55e transmission soon too.... Try not be be jealous. Haha!

WHAT? 1200 dollars? a new one is for 850! :D They asked 300 for parts and 900 for labor, didn´t they? I am building one T-case of two. Both were damaged but in other way. I feel rather bitter about quality of BW cases. Everybody seems to have the same problem.

Honestly, I'm gonna try to spend as little $ as possible. I'm a stay at home mom, so I'm always conscious of what I'm spending. ;) - and the tranny shop wanted $1200 to do the rebuild - WITHOUT replacing the case halves! So I told them I'd just pick it up and do it myself. Mine looks almost identical to the one in the forum's rebuild diary. Chewed teeth on the hi/lo shift collar, damaged nylon guides, etc.... I didn't get a good look at the case halves though, so I'm not sure if I'm gonna need them. I'll be opening up a 4r55e transmission soon too.... Try not be be jealous. Haha!

KBarbarina, depending on the condition of your case, you can probably do it pretty cheap. The nylon guides are like $1.35 each, $40 for HI/LOW collar. Twenty couple for all new seals (might not need, but easy while you have the case out). And if you can get your rear case halve to a machinist, they could do the little bushing for you. Also you can do new bearings. Have fun!

So, done. It´s a fourwheeler again. The only questions is how long it´ll work. The car is my worst nightmare. Never had more breakdowns in one year as with Explorer...

Awesome! We'd be glad to have you! Let me ask you, is it an okay think to reuse the nut that holds the output shaft flange on? You know, the one that has to be torqued to 250 ft lbs? I'll be attempting my first rebuild of one of these in the next few weeks....

btw: it´s 350 ft lbs....;)

Back