The Big Run: Truckhaven Oct. 23-24th 2010 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Big Run: Truckhaven Oct. 23-24th 2010

...What about the duct tape and the single match to light their way back?...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...What about the duct tape and the single match to light their way back?...:D

Full Moon on Saturday the 23nd :D No need for a match:p:

I am out........ I just realized I scheduled two things this same weekend. The other event already has a 1,100$ non-refundable deposit! Man I am a dumb a$$. I was just going over my Oct calender and it hit me.

...I am sure glad it's not me stuck with that decision...That would be the most difficult decision ever...:(

...We will miss you out there but I'm sure you will make the trip during another one of this seasons runs to Truckhaven...;)

i would be there for sure if was within like 500 miles or less but i live in lincoln nebraska.
:(

2 Weeks!! People Get you stuff fixed and ready to go:bounce:

2 Weeks!! People Get you stuff fixed and ready to go:bounce:

Yea, Yea.. I'm trying... :)

Got the mustang fixed enough that I can leave :) Tie Rods, Clutch, exhaust, thermostat housing

Trailer has lights, and fenders..

All I have left now is..

Brakes on the trailer (turns out they have been broken for over a year)
Fuel tank selector valve on the Van
possible fuel pump on the van

Explorer needs some place for the high lift....
co2 system needs to be mounted too...

I'm going to hold of on the explorer trans until after this trip (weak to no engine braking :()

All in all, I'm in better shape than usual for the beginning of the season.

~Mark

I took this picture of my truck before coming to work today...

44945_157903874230111_100000314975405_360712_8133806_n.jpg

hmmm... Looks like about an hours work to get it moving!

GET BUSY!

...As usual, I will still be bolting on what I can right up to the last minute...:D

I've got duct tape covering the hole I put in the camper, and I ghetto rigged the brake lights so I now have brake lights on the trailer and camper... Saved myself $500 just for the part I needed to fix it right:eek:

Ready to go!!

I took this picture of my truck before coming to work today...

44945_157903874230111_100000314975405_360712_8133806_n.jpg

You can just pick up the back and push it through the trails like a wheelbarrow! ;)

hmmm... Looks like about an hours work to get it moving!

GET BUSY!
Oh, but the rear axle is 150 miles away waiting for a bearing rebuild kit to be installed and to weld on some shock mounts. Today, I just hooked up a new gas tank because my original one had a hairline crack that leaked. And I still have to install limit straps on the front suspension.

Oh, but the rear axle is 150 miles away waiting for a bearing rebuild kit to be installed and to weld on some shock mounts. Today, I just hooked up a new gas tank because my original one had a hairline crack that leaked. And I still have to install limit straps on the front suspension.

Whine Whine Whine! lol
just "Get ur done!"

Whine Whine Whine! lol
just "Get ur done!"
Did I mention that I work nights and 12 hour shifts at that? So I usually sleep during the days. And I only 5 days off between now and when I was planning to leave to Arizona.

You going to stop by?? Nothing like more pressure:D

You going to stop by?? Nothing like more pressure:D
Me? Yeah, the plan so far is to spend time in Tucson with mom and family before Truckhaven. Then after Truckhaven to spend time in Phoenix with family(Mike - ex-stepson) and friends. I will stay with Mike at his condo, I think it's near downtown. And then maybe visit old co-workers and my best friend from high school, and of course you Rick.

Me? Yeah, the plan so far is to spend time in Tucson with mom and family before Truckhaven. Then after Truckhaven to spend time in Phoenix with family(Mike - ex-stepson) and friends. I will stay with Mike at his condo, I think it's near downtown. And then maybe visit old co-workers and my best friend from high school, and of course you Rick.

What am I, chopped liver? :)

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back