• Register Today It's free!

Magnaflow Exhaust!!

fedyfedz

Reaction score
City, State
Suffolk County, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 limited v8

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats the same kit that Zerodevil is running...

im also running that same muffler in my set up. low quiet rumble at cruising speeds, but roars when you romp the throttle :D

$400 :eek::eek::eek:

And people want to ***** about $750 for a set of Torqumanster headers for 2nd Gen 5.0 Explorers. :rolleyes:

Plus shipping is free and its in florida so its a little closer to me so it wont take so long to ship... The thing i realized today when looking is that this system doesnt have to be welded :) this means i can do this in my driveway with simple hand tools. This means not paying anyone for labor :) cant wait... Im looking to see a big difference when the exhaust is added.

thats the same kit that Zerodevil is running...

im also running that same muffler in my set up. low quiet rumble at cruising speeds, but roars when you romp the throttle :D

got a couple of questions for you some of them might be repeditive.

I want to get slightly bigger tires but dont feel like messing anything up or lifting it or doing anything to the tranny. I was thinking 255/70/16 since mine are 245/70/16 this should make it sit slightly higher and give it more of an offroad look casue i want some nubbie tires. Is this possible? Also heard i will loose performance. I now the biggest i can get is 265 with no lift but i dont want to loose that much performance and dont want to damage tranny.

255/70/16's will work fine, thats what i plan on getting when i need tires...

they will slow you down just a little bit, but a V8 with an intake/exhaust combo, you shouldnt notice to much of a difference.

that exhaust will make your X sound mean...

what about the tranny?

If you want magnaflow. www.planetmagnaflow.com is the place to order from.
They have a make an offer section.

Full Catback for my Mustang I offered $325 they countered with $340 shipped.

INTAKE, EXHAUST, 255/70/16's...

your tranny will be fine...

The thing with Magnaflow is they have what is called MAP, or Minimum Advertised Pricing. If you call around to some independent dealers, you can generally get them to work with you on pricing. They can sell it for what they want, they just can't publicly advertise it below a certain dollar amount. That 4wheelonline plce is treading pretty dangerously in telling you what your "instant rebate" is. And that autopartsdealer.com is just completely breaking the agreement they signed with Magnaflow. It's great for the end user, but it's bad for the guys that follow the rules.

Magnaflow

I picked mine up a couple of months ago from Amazon. $234 shipped I couldn't pass it up. Great Exhaust I love it with my V8 could be just a touch louder though, my gear whine is still louder than my muffler

Im proud to post that I finally got my exhaust done here is some pics and videos i got the magnaflow catback kit for 363.17 to my door.

will post a better video soon
Before:
IMG_1452.jpg

After:
IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krnxCIFgLJE&feature=mfu_channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqF5FiPLqkQ

Pretty quick for a SUV. That V8 makes a nice sound. I want a V8 :( My next X, an 06-10 will be a V8 for sure... ;)

:thumbsup: 292 HP / 300 TQ - 4.6L 3v V8 = awesome !

crank rated numbers though, never the less still more power to the ground then the 2v engine :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back