Rear Bumper Guard Pics ! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Bumper Guard Pics !

Down Loaded some pictures of the rear bumper as requested. Without the cans. Yes, the hatch is fully accessible. The can Holders even come off if required.

Going camping this Weekend and next Weekend will update with more pictures. Soon. Check out the Pictures, enjoy and Keep the Responses coming!

I love critisism good and even bad its the only way to move forward !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good:

Dead Link Removed

Fixed !

I don't know why the link changed but it did. Is all fixed now! I still want to know what you guys think.

I'm begining to wonder if I do all these mods for myself or for you guys & gals?

Who cares I love the look of My Explorer Trinity!

That looks awesome, where did you get it?

Custom Fabricated Here !

I had a shop here design and build it. There is a guy from the Philippines that is a wiz. I asked him about a rear tire holder. We had problems with finding the required hardware.

I then asked him about mounting my gas can. Back and forth we discussed and came up with this. It is really solid and sturdy.

The big thing was for me to be able to still use the hatch. I works awesome plus I've got some added protection in case I get hit. Also a great jacking point!

I believe that WAAG makes one of these bumber guards as well. You might have to email them as to whether or not they make one for the Explorer. I didn't see one listed at www.WAAG.com That doesn't mean they don't make it though.

How much $$$

I love it . Looks like it cuts the departure angle real short though ???

Man, that is awesome, yeah if you could tell us some of the dimensions you guys used. I've got a guy here the does all my welding for me and he'll do anything and he can do about anything, so if you could tell us a little bit about it. Man, that is sweet, your explorer looks great.

One other question, i noticed your highlift on your rack, did that come with a mounting kit, or did you make something to put it up there? Thanks!

Happy trailes!

i notice that u said u had a 5 speed installed.. would it be possible to install one on the v8.? also how much did it cost u

Well, i guess it could be. I'm not 100% sure though. It's easier for a v6 because they made them in a 5 speed so i can find the parts about anywhere, like ford or a junk yard. By parts i mean like flywheel, mounts, hydralic lines, that kinda stuff. Do some research on, just sit down and make a list of stuff you know you will have to change. If you need some help let me, i've made 2 lists on here already but i'll be more then happy to make it for who ever needs help.

Happy trailes!

5 speed?

Mating a 5 speed to a 5.0 litre ford? Nah, never been done before, and can't... LOL

I imagine a T-5 or a mustang - specific T-56 6 speed may work- with modification. Just get the interior parts from a v6 stick unit.

Christopher

Its been awhile!

Trying to get things together for my wife who is getting ready for a vist back home (Wales).

Hey Jot017 -
The bumper was made by tracing the rear bumper. We removed the bumper first then placed it on card board and traced it. After that it mounts to the frame just like the bumper guards on the front of trucks. I wanted it about 1 1/2 inches from the bumper.
A small plate is 1 inch wide & about 10-11 inches long is welded on top of the tubing or actually on the inside or forward tubing. Then we traced the gas can and made a kind of holder/pan with holes to mate to the 1 inch plate. Put small lips on the front & back to hold the metal straps. I was going to go with nylon straps but felt that the metal one would be stronger and hold up better. As nylon tends to weaken with the weather.

The HiLift is held up by Brackets I got from CONFERR they work awesome. My Jack is quiet up there I really like that it has a couple of holes for a lock also. Very Secure! I even ground the mount bolts & a little JB Weld, so if any one wants my HiLift they have to take the whole Roof Rack or just the truck.

I just use the Gas / Water Cans for off roading. I'm going camping next weekend & again in mid December. So far they work awesome, I'll really put them to use then and let you all know.
The other thing that I love about this bumper guard & my front bumper guard is that when others parallel park they will hit them and not my truck. I saw it a couple of times in the states but here " someone will pull in and try to push you back and the other vehicle forward " just to make room so they can fit. It happens all the time. Only now with my truck ready for battle and my parking brake set my truck doesn't move and its not even scratched!

I'll remove the can holders if you want to see how they mount just let me know!

Back