U-Haul Won't Rent Trailers to Explorers??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

U-Haul Won't Rent Trailers to Explorers???

just dont bother with u haul. there lose not yours.

and that toyota was made to lol tow.

bet you uhaul even installed the tow hitch on it.

they are pros as you can see...

p.s thanks for the pic it as a great laugh.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would hate to see how long it takes that Prius to get that trailer moving and worse yet, how bad the braking is with that thing loaded up...

I would hate to see how long it takes that Prius to get that trailer moving
A Prius has more torque than the Explorer from the start - its an electric motor, which can produce a tremendous amount of torque even at 1 RPM. Braking is an issue but thats what brake controllers are for.

A Prius has more torque than the Explorer from the start - its an electric motor, which can produce a tremendous amount of torque even at 1 RPM. Braking is an issue but thats what brake controllers are for.

Yes, but that's about all it has. It doesn't have the drivetrain, suspension, cooling, and just about everything else you need to properly tow that. :D

safety aside - I wouldn't wanna tow with a 5r transmission in any capacity - it would probably disintegrate.

there are other places you can go to rent trailers, i went through sunbelt tool company, then rented me a small 5X10 trailer. i used it to remove a tree. they didnt care what i drove, or even what kind of a hitch i had. at the time, it was the ball in the bumper type deal (i now have a class 3)

Luckily I don't even need to use U-Haul...but I know others do. Oh well.

ive had about 4 trailers rented with the trac, they believed me when I said it was a 4door ranger (they didn't even look)

Now I own a 5x8 enclosed trailer and dont have to worry about trailer rentals

Back