Blueka's "Pickle" Registry.... | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blueka's "Pickle" Registry....

Since 2005 when I bought "Betty", my UK Explorer, I've wanted a sport...

well, now that I live in Canada, the chance has presented itself for me to get one...

This one.... it's a 99 sport, 4.0 SOHC... it's a total write off for the moment... but when I saw the advert on Kijiji I couldn't say no. It needed some love and I wanted a project to get stuck into, so I did my research and found out how much parts are gonna cost me etc etc.

So. I present.. Pickle.. (cos it's green and in a right mess)

Si
Explorer vin x.jpg
Explorer vin E 2.jpg
Explorer vin E.jpg
Explorer vin E 1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, the good news is that they got caught... small town, people talk.... facebook got them all in trouble.. and I'm getting paid back for the damage too.

Can't wait till I get to start her up!

Si

Great to hear they were caught. Facebook is one of the best resources to catch vandals...

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

The issue I've got now is that the new mirror plug is small and only has 2 wires, the one I took out is somewhat larger and has 5 wires in it...

Also has a plug on the wires that go into the mirror housing, so I'm wondering if the mirrors should be heated? I'm going to pop the old glass off at the weekend on the other side to see.

Si

A heated mirror with puddle lights will have seven pins in the plug and should say heated on the glass 99-01? Only the Limited came with heated mirrors in the States. A non heated puddle light mirror will have five pins. Info based on the 99-01 eddie and limited.

Thanks, I think the previous owner was less than careful with her, so I'll pop the glass off at the weekend, after we move house and have a better look.... might just rewire what's there and then make it all good... thanks!!

Si

Test the white plug for power with the defrost on. You might get lucky and just have to hunt down heated glass.

I'll have to wait a while for that... there's nothing in the engine bay at the moment lol

Si

lol... I think Pickle already has her fair share of curses Tim...

She's been in 3 accidents, a malicious damage, a windshield claim and a theft resulting in her being a total loss...

The donor is going to be a rollover as a result of a drunk driver.....

Hopefully, both curses will cancel each other out!

Si

Well, my new hood came today.. I think it's a slightly different shade of green and there's a few scratches and a dent on the leading edge, but for $40, I'm not too bothered. It'll do until it needs to be replaced.

The guy also included the hinges, gas struts, all the bolts and the latch.

So I'm happy happy happy... Can't wait to get this thing installed at the weekend... We're moving house too.... But I'll still get it done!

21102010375.jpg

21102010376.jpg

21102010377.jpg

21102010380.jpg

21102010379.jpg

I think the latch mechanism might be slightly bent, so I'll have to straighten it out before I fit it... Can't wait!...

Si

Well, We've finally moved house.... and as soon as the truck was unloaded I positioned the hood on Pickle... It's a different shade of green, but, I'm not too bothered. If I build her too pretty then I won't want to get her dirty or roughed up a bit.... I got the hood latch straightened out last night. So I'm going to fit the hood later today.

Pictures to follow

Si

Well... Here she is!....

It's not on properly at the moment, just in place until I can get it bolted on later today...
25102010383.jpg

25102010384.jpg

25102010385.jpg

25102010386.jpg

Si

A deflector would hide the dent on the front of your hood and make the color difference blend better.

Never been a huge fan of a deflector.... but might be worth the investment I guess....

Si

Looks like I got all the external repairs finished just in time....

25102010388.jpg

25102010389.jpg

25102010390.jpg

25102010392.jpg

At least there's not gonna be any snow in the engine bay or in the back part.... it should all be kept out now!

Si

Congrats on the move. Its coming along nice. Snow...its going to be 78 here tomorrow.

well it looks like I'm as far as I can go, the donor I was going to buy has been sold and there's no V8's coming up for sale either damaged or otherwise... so right now, I'm screwed, unless I want to put a V6 back in it... but, I don't see the point in putting in a V6 to get it running, only to take it back out again when I wanna do the V8 swap... might aswell just build it right the first time.

Si

Do you know where you want to go with it? IE. streeter, offroad? because if you know where you want to go with that you can do little things while you wait for the motor to come along, and i agree there's no point in spending the money to make a v6 run just to pull it out when you get a v8, you wouldn't make back your investment.

Justin

Back