Blueka's "Pickle" Registry.... | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blueka's "Pickle" Registry....

Since 2005 when I bought "Betty", my UK Explorer, I've wanted a sport...

well, now that I live in Canada, the chance has presented itself for me to get one...

This one.... it's a 99 sport, 4.0 SOHC... it's a total write off for the moment... but when I saw the advert on Kijiji I couldn't say no. It needed some love and I wanted a project to get stuck into, so I did my research and found out how much parts are gonna cost me etc etc.

So. I present.. Pickle.. (cos it's green and in a right mess)

Si
Explorer vin x.jpg
Explorer vin E 2.jpg
Explorer vin E.jpg
Explorer vin E 1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I kinda do, the plan is V8 with a 4406, a bodylift and suspension lift once I get the money together, some big rubber, hidden winch and use it mostly for offroading, I've got the UK one coming over here eventually and that will be my DD/pavement princess so the sport will be used as a toy, stress reliever thing....

Si

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Yeah, In that case, you can't really do anything without cutting into the motor budget. You will have to hammer out the floor to fit the 4406 if you want to keep it electric. Maybe try to get the interior ready, remove the carpet reroute the wires, set up a storage system. most of those are relatively cheap and will keep you plenty busy for the time being. There are a lot of Explorers for sale out by me, but none of them v8 so i know your pain. i'm looking for another truck to get when i get out of school, and there aren't many viable options.

If you've got tools. There's always something to keep you busy, plan ahead, and i would check under your trim to see what you'll have as far as rust... horror storys for most sport owners.

Goodluck

Justin

I've already had a look for the dreaded rust and can't see any under the kit and anywhere significant. Even the rear bumper is rust free. I'm trying to sell off all the spare parts that I won't need with the V8 engine, such as pumps, pulleys, rad, etc... so at least when a donor pops up, I'll have the cash to go get it. and I've just been quoted $375 to replace the front windshield.

Si

Just scored a box of parts... complete set of centre caps, radio surround, passenger mirror with puddle light, and some other bits.

The question is now, do I paint the centre caps or leave them chrome???

Si

Just scored a box of parts... complete set of centre caps, radio surround, passenger mirror with puddle light, and some other bits.

The question is now, do I paint the centre caps or leave them chrome???

Si

Are you running stock wheels or after market wheels. Either way i vote keep them chrome. I have my chrome center caps on a set of aftermarket wheels, and it looks great. I plan to paint the wheels black and leave the caps chrome. I love that look.

I'm running stock wheels, but I'm planning on painting the wheels black. I'm not a huge fan of chrome and was thinking about either painting them silver or painting them black too...

decisions, decisions, decisions....

Si

lets see a pic of one of the rims,, than we will vote for you,

lets see a pic of one of the rims,, than we will vote for you,

I agree. Some of the stock wheels I don't think look that good black, some of them do.

28022010206.jpg

I was going to leave the edge around the teardrops silver and lip of the wheel silver too, just paint the rest black... kinda opposite to the ones on Betty....

Si

i would entertain the idea of painting the spokes black, leaving a silver lip, and using a chrome center cap,,

might swap the chrome centres for silver Ranger ones.. but black spokes is what I want...

Si

So... I finally got round to looking at my passenger mirror to see if it's heated or not...

low and behold I've got puddle lights!!!

well, on the passenger side, so I've got to find a puddle light for the drivers side now!...

*does a happy dance*

Si

nice,,

hey Si if you ever get your hands on a set of fender flares like the ones on Pickle , i would buy them from you,

So... I finally got round to looking at my passenger mirror to see if it's heated or not...

low and behold I've got puddle lights!!!

well, on the passenger side, so I've got to find a puddle light for the drivers side now!...

*does a happy dance*

Si

Are they heated?

I might have an extra set of heated puddle light mirrors. :)

Back