BARRIE, ONTARIO, CANADA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Mazda B-? now
99 sohc explorer
I took the trans away and dropped in a manual
Now that I have done this I am not able to stray the truck
I have flashed the computer and turned the anti theft and trans controls off

At the fuse box and at the pump I only
Get 6.7 volts I am also not using the explorer fuel tank any more using a ranger one with the 99 pump put in

Is there a fuel pressure regulator in the 99 tank I may not have anymore

If any can help I have been scanning through diagrams and nothing yet

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The low voltage to the pump is one problem...

The 99 model year Explorer uses a mechanical returnless fuel system...There is a fuel pressure regulator in the fuel tank mounted on the fuel level sending unit to bypass excess fuel back to the tank when the fuel pressure gets over 80 psi...

If your fuel pressure is not at 65-72 psi you have a fuel pressure problem on top of anything else...

I am using a 1996 fuel tank and lines I just caped off the return
Re wired in the 99 pump
And pressure gauge that was beside the pump
The thing I am wondering
G about is that I removed the transmission and the sensor that is in it would there be any wires that went in and came back out that would have to now be connect together

it won't start... ok, how?
it cranks but won't start? it won't even crank?

if it won't crank, it probably has to do with the neutral safety switch (not sure if it's the same name for the automatics)

It will crank but won't start

check fuel pressure at the rail?
hear the fuel pump coming on when you turn the key to Run? If not, have you tried swapping out the fuel pump relay?

I have changed the relay and also checked the voltage
This is my dilemma I don't have a good enough diagram to locate how all the wiring in the harness is run to make it is all hooked up

There is only 6.7 volts going to the pump but I have tried to locate the source and need a good diagram I guess

if you changed that much run a power through a relay to power the fuel pump. install a fp on / off switch to give it 12 volts.

my 99 explorer wont go in 4 wheel drive light is flashing like 5 times what should i do

my 99 explorer wont go in 4 wheel drive light is flashing like 5 times what should i do

What light is flashing? the 4wd light? if sothere is a problem with the transfer case, more then likely a short in the shift motor wiring. This can happen if it's never cleaned. You'll have to replace the shift motor and see if that changes anything, it could also be a problem with the GEM but i don't believe that would be, because the GEM controls a lot of functions in the car. Also, you'll probably get better help if you start your own thread on the subject under the transmission and transfer-case sub forum

Justin

What light is flashing? the 4wd light? if sothere is a problem with the transfer case, more then likely a short in the shift motor wiring. This can happen if it's never cleaned. You'll have to replace the shift motor and see if that changes anything, it could also be a problem with the GEM but i don't believe that would be, because the GEM controls a lot of functions in the car. Also, you'll probably get better help if you start your own thread on the subject under the transmission and transfer-case sub forum

Justin

Exactly.. This issue is completely unrelated/off-topic, and doesn't belong here.

check fuel pressure at the rail?
hear the fuel pump coming on when you turn the key to Run? If not, have you tried swapping out the fuel pump relay?

X2!
Check the pressure at the manifold shrader valve.

Did you swap the engine / trans harness?

Did you hook up the CPP?

Did you swap the ECM?

I put the 99 sohc and harness and computer in my truck the interior harness as well
The only thing that is not 99 is the fuel harness because the pick comes down through the floor under the drivers seat

What is CPP

Thank you Justin

Back