$225 to replace transmission pan... Okay price? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

$225 to replace transmission pan... Okay price?

yabismal13

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey ya'll,

Got quoted $225 to replace the transmission pan/new fluids in my 02 Mounty. Good deal, or look somewhere else? Had a leak coming from the pan itself.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you want to buy the part and put it on yourself, write down your VIN and then call tousley ford (800-328-9552).
Mention explorerforum for our discount.
If you EVER need any Ford factory part, start there first. Lowest prices you will find.

That quoted price is reasonable if they replace the pan.

Find out exactly where the leak is coming from. It could just be a loose bolt or a few bolts - which of course would not require a new pan.

Hey guys,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The leak is coming from where the o-ring seal should be. I guess the person who did the service for the previous owner didn't replace the seal. No problem... But, they also stripped the entry and lost a bolt, lol.

@POS, thanks for the number to Tousley. I'll be sure to be in contact with them in the near future. I would replace it myself, but I don't really know much about transmissions, and for the price, figure I'd leave it for someone who'd be less likely to make things worse, lol.

Btw, should I replace it with synthetic fluid?

I've just brought a brand new pan for 15.00 from local transmission shop and he has plenty in stock.

i think it would be better to buy a used one or go to the nearest junk yard and ask if they have your model and tear it out.

Back