Calling all 2 doors.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Calling all 2 doors..

Reaction score
City, State
Southern Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer
Have any of you switched to the 4dr leaf springs??

And did it raise the back up at all over stock height???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I heard that it does lift it a lil but im not sure mine is stock.

it is well documented that with 4 door springs you do get a little lift over a new stock single leaf Sport pack,,
i think the usual number is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches,,

I was planning on doing the warrior shackles until I heard they were dangerous with the 2 door Sport stock leafs. It sucks because I only want to clear 32in tires on my 01 and I'm afraid that if I do the 4 door leafs and warrior shackles it will lift it too much to where I can't raise the front enough to level it out.

I have been searching on here for weeks to find the cheapest and best way to lift it. I only want to lift it 2 inches in the front and rear. Right now it doesn't sag at all so I am curious if somebody already installed the 4 door leaf springs on my truck.

counts the number of leafs in the pack, if there is more than 1 it is not stock,

I don't have a Sport anymore, but did the mod. It lifted slightly but that was the point was it not?

I liked that mod a lot.

I was planning on doing the warrior shackles until I heard they were dangerous with the 2 door Sport stock leafs. It sucks because I only want to clear 32in tires on my 01 and I'm afraid that if I do the 4 door leafs and warrior shackles it will lift it too much to where I can't raise the front enough to level it out.

I have been searching on here for weeks to find the cheapest and best way to lift it. I only want to lift it 2 inches in the front and rear. Right now it doesn't sag at all so I am curious if somebody already installed the 4 door leaf springs on my truck.

Don't the 01-03 sports have regular leaf packs? I thought only the 95-00 sports have the retarded mono leaf, even then its not so much that its dangerous, but it wears the leaf out faster.

Don't the 01-03 sports have regular leaf packs? I thought only the 95-00 sports have the retarded mono leaf, even then its not so much that its dangerous, but it wears the leaf out faster.

I have an 01 and it definately doesn't have the mono leaf. I wanted to do the warrior shackles but from I read it's dangerous to do with stock leaf springs. Now if the 01-03 have a different leaf set up, I think I may be all set with just the warrior shackles. My truck doesn't sag at all and I only want another 2 in. to clear 32s.

also when you swap a 2 door leaf for the 4 door leaf pack it makes a incredible ride difference. with the mono leaf i found it is kinda like a wishy washy ride that bounces and wiggles everywhere. with the 4 door leaf pack, its a much smoother ride

Maybe I should start another thread since the OP has a 96 and I have an 01.

also when you swap a 2 door leaf for the 4 door leaf pack it makes a incredible ride difference. with the mono leaf i found it is kinda like a wishy washy ride that bounces and wiggles everywhere. with the 4 door leaf pack, its a much smoother ride

Yeah but is there a difference between 01-03 two door sport leafs and four door leafs??

Great input ...
Hopefully the 4dr pack with the shackles will even out with the tt....

Great input ...
Hopefully the 4dr pack with the shackles will even out with the tt....

Thats my plan, TT and 4 door leaf pack with shackles, but i may throw an AAL in the pack while its out.

how is it dangerous to use shackles with the factory mono leaf spring? i've had the warrior shackles on my sport for over 2 years and i've never had any problem with them. also my mono leaf hasn't flatened out yet.

however i do have a set of 4 door leaf springs in my garage that i've had for probably about as long as the shaclkes, i just never got around to putting them on my truck :dunno:. but now i'm waiting until spring to install them, unless i find a warm garage that my truck will fit in, then i might get them done this winter.

I have the autozone $18.00 shackles on my 2 door sport with the factory mono leaf. No problems here.

I did the 4dr leaf swap an REALLY recommend it. Not only did it raise the truck a little bit, it also changed the way it drives. It has much less sway, and like tim alluded to it doesn't feel like it "wiggles". I'm also able to put a lot more weight in the back without all the rearend squat. When I had the monoleafs I loaded a rototiller in the back and it squated like I was towing a bulldozer. I think you should swap in the 4dr leafs and see how you like it first. I'm convinced 32s will fir stock, at least in the back.

Ran Warrior Shackles with the garbage mono leaf for many years. Flattened out the leaf some but never felt "dangerous". Was going to get some used 4 door leaf packs, but with as many sagging 4-doors I figured why waste the money and time. Went with the ARB OME Dakar leaf spring packs instead. One of the best mods I did in my opinion. And I am running them with the Warrior Shackles. The tech guys at ARB were absolutely awesome to answer any and all my questions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back