DIY How to install a Remote Start Alarm Keyless entry System on a Explorer 1992 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DIY How to install a Remote Start Alarm Keyless entry System on a Explorer 1992

You may need to reprogram the alarm. As far as remote did you bend the tab down once you removed the battery ? If not bend it down, all the difference.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did in fact bend both taps downward awhile ago. It just died on me again today, but the battery actually died.

Also, how do you reprogram it?

Ok, well this system is very strange. Both remotes dies again and I can't get the other one to work even with a new battery, but the other one is fine. Now my settings are back with the lock/unlock brake down/engine off thing.

Ok, well this system is very strange. Both remotes dies again and I can't get the other one to work even with a new battery, but the other one is fine. Now my settings are back with the lock/unlock brake down/engine off thing.

if you read the last pages of the book it tells you how to reprogram the remotes,one of mine also don't work I think I need to do the same thing
Posted via Mobile Device

ok an update my other remoter disarm button stopped working just like the first remote, everything worked except the disarm feature.so i pulled the battery, thinking it would reset it and it sure did so now both remotes are back up and working!!man i love this alarm

Mine did the same thing the other day. My other remote is just dead. I haven't tried to get it to work. I keep a small screw driver in my truck now just in case it doesn't work.

i need some help guys i had my alarm hooked up and it works but for some reason when i try starting the car with the remote start it stays on 5 sec then cuts off. another problem im having is the remote unlocks the car while driving then then beeps then the alarm goes off. im not sure if i need to program the remote first or how to do that i have the manual but its somewhat confusing

i would say a lose tach wire or you have the wrong ignition wires hooked up

Anyone get the windows to work properly ? If so and diagram or details ?
Any help is appreciated ,
Thanks

Anyone get the windows to work properly ? If so and diagram or details ?
Any help is appreciated ,
Thanks

mine work the is a pic in post 127.you have to pull 4 wires to each door or 2wires if you only want them to go one direction.

better pic
2qszdi1.jpg

has any1 figured the clutch bypass out yet?

Maybe somebody can help me Carvox CX-601/FM Door Status Warning to change this.
I do not like when I open the door and the direction lights flash 5 times.
Would it be possible to change?
Thanks

Dude thanks Good job!

This is the best help ever i got a keyless entry from goodwill no instruction this was what i really needed!

Awesome write up! Just finished up my install today!

The only issue I had was that the wires are color coded different in the 91 explorers and the wiring diagram I had didn't show which color the neutral safety wire was. There aren't any red/light blue wires in the ignition harness on the 91 either (that I can find).

Does anyone know which color the neutral safety wire is on the 91 (auto trans)?

I tested about 20 different wires under the dash with no luck... I ended up just grounding this wire so the remote start works, but the truck could potentially be remote started while in gear which isn't too safe.. haha. I'd like to get this connected correctly in case I ever sell my truck and the next owner isn't too smart... haha

Any ideas?

I'm confused. If there are no red w/lightblue wires what did you hook the remote start relay too?

On the 91, the starter wire is pink instead of red/light blue like the 92. That is pretty much the only difference I've found, other than the missing neutral safety wire...

Here is the diagram I used:

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/1991-/Ford/Explorer/520.html

The neutral safety wire can be bypassed by connecting it to ground. This basically tells the remote starter that the transmission is always in park/neutral even if it is in gear (not exactly safe!)

Hmm. Well my 92 diagrams show a light blue/yellow wire goes to "neutral sense switch(MT)/neutral sense jumper(AT)"

But my ignition diagrams show the ignition wire going from the key, through a jumper near where the clutch would be, then down to the park/neutral switch on the transmission, and then to the starter relay.

So you may not need to hook up a neutral switch as long as you are making the remote start connections before the auto trans switch.

I would test the setup you have now by trying to start it in first gear. Set it to the shortest crank possible and have your foot on the brake. If the starter turns over, then you know something needs to change. If it doesn't, then your good to go.

2002 ford explorer sports trac KEY PAD

I HAVE A 2002 FORD SPORTS TRAC AND MY KEYLESS PAD ON THE DOOR WONT LIGHT UP.EVEN WHEN I PRESS THE LAST 2 BUTTONS.I CANT EVEN LOCK THE DOORS WITH IT.ANY SUGGESTIONS.:mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This thread is 2 years old and is about 1st gen explorers with aftermarket alarm installs.... Your questions is pretty irrelevant and you should do a search under the correct sub forum. Try "Keyless pad not working". Check your fuses..

Back