DPFE sensor removal on a 1996 Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DPFE sensor removal on a 1996 Explorer.

Juarexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Juarez, Chih. Mex.
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
:exp:Hello guys
How to remove egr valve, V8, 96 Explorer XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

why do you want to remove the egr?

Because engine light is ON, I went to diagnose and scanner show EGR problems like a exicive exaust gas.

Its not egr valve, it is dpfe sensor.

under the hood!

go to Google and click on Pictures and search for dpfe sensor

there you will see a lot of pictures of what the sensor looks like, then look for something similar under the hood

google dpfe sensor in pictures, then you will get an idea what the sensor looks like:D

I'm not sure exactly where it is on the 96, but it should be around the back of the intake manifold on the passenger side, it will have 2 little silicone hoses running into it, and a couple of wires for the sensor. It's pretty buried so it might take a bit of looking to find it.

There is no DPFE sensor on the 96 V8. It is a closed system. Only an EGR valve, EGR solenoid, and EGR position sensor.

where would i find my sensor on my 1999 4.0 efi i'm assuming its an ohv as i dont see anything telling me otherwise , also my 99 has 315k miles on it

nevermind i found it very easily after seeing pic's of what it was

Back