exocage, arb's, sas, hydro assist, high steer, custom bumpers/sliders, tire carr etc. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

exocage, arb's, sas, hydro assist, high steer, custom bumpers/sliders, tire carr etc.

IMG_20101004_182735.jpg
I always get on here to look at your guys trucks and builds but I never seem to post my truck on here. Well here it is, if there is any questions or thoughs let me know and I may post more pics.
I am running arb's w/ 5:13 gears, chromoly axle shafts, and 37in pitbullrockers. I have a custom build 14pt exo cage to the frame with custom bumpers and sliders. There is a section of the cage that goes thought the roof down through the cab to the frame. The front axle also has chevy flat top steering with one ton tie rod ends and hydro assist steering. The front passenger side radius arm has been wristed with a hiem joint. This gave me 10.5in of bolt on flex. The winch has been mounted in the grille to make my approach angle about 80 degrees.
Next project: I need to find the kit for running a 1350/1354 doubler. I have both t cases but I need the rest of the kit. Plates, shaft, etc.
IMG_20101004_181848-1.jpg
IMG_20101004_182802.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Duffy
D.D.Machine
(360)649-4465

Thats where I got my doubler from, Duffy told me that no ones broke the shaft in his kit yet. All the parts looked good and fit very well, and he is here in WA.

Holee S***.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Thanks guys. I am working on a cantilever shackle setup, similar to a missing link, on the rear leaf springs my parts should be here next week and I will try to post more pictures at that point.

you should come wheelin with us sometime

you should come wheelin with us sometime

Finally found someone that can hang with you?

And Ben, Kevin, Painter Ken and Forest. :roll::D

So i promised pictures of the Cantilever setup (the same thing as a missing link) in the rear of the sploder, so here they are ... on my 30 degree rti ramp. The bottom of the tire is 44 inches off the ground (1 inch in front of the front hub which was the middle of the tire print). The tires are at 20psi. If i was at trail pressure i may have gotten farther up the ramp. That is equal to an RTI of 785 on this 30 degree ramp.

I want to go wheeling with you guys. I broke some stuff last weekend so this weekend i will be fixing on it.

Here are the pictures. This setup gave me around 4 inches more up the ramp than before. Not too shabby for a sploder. I also have a custom wristed radius arm in the front that uses a heim joint. It allows the front axle to move in a 3 deminsional mannor and it gave me 11.5 inches of flex (easy to test pinned vs unpinned)

IMG_20110205_110720.jpg

IMG_20110205_110453.jpg

IMG_20110205_110812.jpg

IMG_20110205_110828.jpg

When you say stock 4 door packs I am assuming that you are talking about the leaf pack. To tell you the truth I have no idea what it is. I thought the guy I bought the explorer from told me they were duff but I really don't know and I think duff is a 7 pack. This a a 5 pack so they could be superlift or skyjacker or stock. They flex real good for me so I haven't paid too much attention to it. What do you guys run for the rear leaf pack?

5 leaf f150's with a 4 door main leaf, they work well for my heavy pig and I have yet to bend them... I bent my stock 2 door packs after the first few trips.

Back