• Register Today It's free!

Help with fender flares

ldyhunter

Reaction score
City, State
Charles City, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac
Just got my dream truck done (well almost still have a few things to add) and I need fender flares and I have been all over the internet and can not find any for my 2004 sport trac except for the pocket one and dont like them. Looking for just a plain black to keep mud and rocks from hitting the sides. Thanks

IMAG0522.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hitting the sides? Mud flaps will prevent rocks/mod from hitting....

It's going clear up to the mirror and windows, dont think flaps would help that??

Would love to see what your talking about gmanpaint but address won't work, I have been all over jcwhitney and could not find any except for some type of roll of black plastic stuff that I dont understand and would love to see a picture of something with it on?

ps got a push bar coming tomorrow like yours cant wait!

That is exactly what I needed to see!!! I had no clue what they would look like. Thank you so much Im going to order!!!

Got my fender flares! Thanks gman!

I will trying to get truck done before I post to many pictures but having problem with push bar (we are not mechanical) check out my post maybe you know the problem. Thanks again

Well there on and I am so proud of me and my husband! It was really easy and I really like them, thanks allot Gman!!

P1020601.jpg

P1020599.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

These look great! Both trucks, ldyhunter and gman, very well done.

I know you referenced the steel re-inforced 3", I was looking to order these and didn't know if you guys/girls :) could provide the sku or the item number off jcwhitney. There are a bunch of options, surface mount? or lip-mount? And then also, the length ordered, did you order a set, pair, or the roll?

My guess is
58" L, 3" Black Steel-reinforced Fender-lip-mount Extensions, 1-Pair
SKU #:
1JA 157460
Mfr. #:
52-188

Are you pleased with these? Any afterthoughts from installing?

Thanks

These look great! Both trucks, ldyhunter and gman, very well done.

I know you referenced the steel re-inforced 3", I was looking to order these and didn't know if you guys/girls :) could provide the sku or the item number off jcwhitney. There are a bunch of options, surface mount? or lip-mount? And then also, the length ordered, did you order a set, pair, or the roll?

My guess is
SKU #:
1JA 157460
Mfr. #:
52-188

Are you pleased with these? Any afterthoughts from installing?

Thanks

Yeah, the lip mounted 3" with the steel rod that goes through the outer lip of the flare. I got 2 pairs of the 58". If the roll is as long as you need and cheaper, you can go that route. Might as well, since your going to be cutting them to size anyways.

I used a little anti-seize on the rod tips to help slide them in the flares. Also install the rods after you cut the flares to length and before you hang them. They give a fight if you don't, and can puncture the lip somewhere if your forcing it. I used an pair of bolt cutters to cut the rods as they are strong as heck. An angle grinder with a cutting wheel would work too. If you had an extra pair of hands to hold them in place and tight to the body as you screw it on, that would be great. I did it by myself and had to fight the curl the entire time.

those do look good think ill be ordering a set

Just ordered the

SKU #:
1JA 157460
Mfr. #:
52-188

JC didn't have the 3" steel reinforced in the roll, they only offer that in the standard duty. So I went out and took some measurements this morning on our wheel well, about 46" (I only had a standard tape measure, so it wasn't exact) but that should be plenty with the 58" pairs.

If anyone else was interested there's a promo code for free shipping on JCWhitney too, AUTOPRT, for free shipping over $75.

I'll keep everyone posted on when they come in, and get some pics up. Thanks again for all the help.

ldyhunter/gman, do you just screw self tappers into the interior of fender wall? what's the install process like? how many screws would you recommend from your install?

They will come with all the screws you need. Simply attach to the underside of the metal fender lip. When you place them up to the fender, you will see how they attach, it's a no brainer. Now if you need more than whats given, simple sheet metal screws or self tappers will work, just compare the size from the ones sent.

Tip...Be sure to screw straight and to the inner edge, so as you don't accidentally screw thru the fender sides. :)

Sorry I just seen post.....ditto to all gman said!!! They are really easy, hey a girl did it, well hubby helped! I did get the 4 pieces and cut each one down and then put the wire in them, they were 58' pieces and I had plenty. Good luck and post pictures!!

gman is right about getting to close and hitting the side of fender did it twice but it is hid under flare.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am getting tired of making my truck look like gmans:D But those flares are nice, and they are availble on Amazon for 66.00 for a set of 4 flares.

Back