Wharton NJ, Easy Trail Ride 1/29/11 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wharton NJ, Easy Trail Ride 1/29/11

I was out there yesterday from noon to 5pm. It was the first time I've been there in that good amount of snow. My buddy was driving his stock 2nd gen. trails weren't bad except when you fall through iceand get stuck up to your door in mud.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yikes... this thing is gonna be huge! But since the cool kids are all going, I'll go too.

And I'm so done with mud. So unless a stock truck can drive through the puddle, I'll take the bypass.

Love the idea of doing a cleanup. :thumbsup:

thats the spirit!!!!!

Hey Surreal, what kind of grease would you recommend for the CV joint on the front driveshaft to T-case?

molly aparently, but u found that out already

Alright, I'm leaning towards coming, then. Just understand I'm gonna be a p*ssy about mud, water, etc. Way too much $ invested in lights and repairs since the last time I've been on the trails.

You won't be alone there, I'm not looking to prove anything :D

hey, i'll be there with my 2000 XLT V8...it's bone stock

i am now officially locked in the rear!:D

pumpkin will be there 99 xls 31's snorkel

Detroit? Aussie? Details!

Oh yea? What did you do?

aussie lunchbox thanks to surreal! went in super easy and is working perfectly! no binding or popping like alot of people complain about. i also picked up a front ds and want to get another spare to bring with me.

aussie lunchbox thanks to surreal! went in super easy and is working perfectly! no binding or popping like alot of people complain about. i also picked up a front ds and want to get another spare to bring with me.

Awesome! Can't wait to see how she performs. I'm really cursing having the L/S in my axle, it means changing the carrier to upgrade to a locker, a royal PITA.

i cant wait to take another swing at the damn hill!

your truck works well the way it is and i dont see it being feesable to rebuild your whole rear unless the LS ***** the bed!

i cant wait to take another swing at the damn hill!

X2. I want to see you make it. Brian's truck really impressed me with his locker in the rear and only 31s.

If only they had the aussie for the dana 44...they've been sold out of D44 aussies for like...the last 2 years :rolleyes:

you will !! hey do you hear it ratchet when you turn. The only thing I dont like about my locker is the truck gets a little loose in the snow but if you watch how you drive it"s manageble

Would like to go, it would be my first meet up with everyone but realized its 3 1/2 hours away from me

anyone within 3k miles has no excuses... just ask tim... hes from frickin canada.. and not like by new yourk canada, like way way yonda canada

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't even think they have cars up there, just mooses. I come from out on Long Island, roughly a 3 hour ride depending on traffic. Just leave early and pull over if you hear any horrible grinding noises coming from your front axle.:rolleyes:

Back