2011 Ford Explorer! | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Ford Explorer!

I'm also 6'1 and I didn't have that problem at all when I test drove one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm also 6'1 and I didn't have that problem at all when I test drove one.

6' and I did not encounter any ergo issues on my test drive , and I fiddled around with the steering wheel and seat adjustments a bit, and hopped in the passenger seat for part of the drive as well. Ingress / Egress were totally fine.

The Highlander seems to have a much less intrusive interior, which I hate to admit, being a Ford guy.
That's okay. I understand.:D:D

Looked at the Durango. It is nice, but you can easily run up the msrp with creature comforts. Dodge does not offer any rebates, so not really interested any further. Dodge needs to get it together.

Still have yet to see one on the road in my neck of the woods.

it really made my '02 Limited feel cheap and outdated.

Hell, it made my 08 feel outdated!

I need one more test drive (and during the day) to be sure, but I am ready to pull the trigger.

Looked at the Durango. It is nice, but you can easily run up the msrp with creature comforts. Dodge does not offer any rebates, so not really interested any further. Dodge needs to get it together.

As a former Dodge owner I know that my 2000 Dakota RT interior was really cheap and a lot of stuff ended up breaking. I had constant front end squeak and rattle issues due to a basic faulty design, I was really impressed with the 2011 Ex interior , and overall fit and finish. Has Dodge improved their quality with the new Durango ? The picts I saw online make it look fairly boring and if it is based on the jeep cherokee platform then I know I will hate the way it drives on the street.

The fit and finish of the Durango was pretty good, except for the cheap fan switch on the lesser model. I think the Citidel is touch.

I agree, I think the EX has better fit and finish, but still can't get over the fact Dodge is not already discounting like crazy to move product.
The dealer ship in Jax already had 4 sitting on the lot, yet the salesman said it's hard to keep them. Look at Ford dealership, they ARE having trouble keeping them on the lot. Even the DODGE dealers should take part and discount MSRP. This will bring them in dollars in the repair department because people like to bring their new cars back to the dealer for awhile. Isn't that where dealers make all their money, repair and mainainence?
In the end, I think I will go with the Explorer. Dodge just hasn't made it worth it otherwise.
T

Moderator time here folks. This is going into all threads on the '11 Explorer.

I know there are those of you out there that do not like the new Explorer. I'm fine with that and you are entitled to your opinion. HOWEVER I am tired of people bashing the '11 without ever driving one, sitting in one, or in some cases seeing one. If you have experience with one and don't like a feature or how it drives or how it failed you somehow, please post up about it. I've already found stuff I don't like and posted up about it, and I'm sure that there are other features/items that I will find that I don't like either.

If you don't like the fact that Ford called this an Explorer and you feel that the name is tarnished, don't whine here, it won't do any good. You'll just piss people off. Sent a note to Ford and complain to them. If enough people don't like the re-design and tell Ford, maybe they will take that into consideration.

If anyone persists in continued bashing or sniping (as in any other forum on the site), you will become eligible for a vacation from the site of an undetermined length.

Please do not respond to this post saying F-You or Thank You...That's not why it's here. Just read it and continue on.

On Edit..a healthy debate is always welcome on here. Please do not take it as different opinions are not allowed. It's the bashing that needs to stop.
Thank You.

I keep finding myself going back to the dealership to see what black on black looks like in real life. I feel like a kid waiting for the Schwinn Lemon Peeler to arrive.
Does anybody know if the X plan is different from an XYZ plan. Somebody mentioned that the other day and it seemed like BS. What is the best Ford Plan out there?
T

A plan is best, but you have to be a Ford employee for that. X plan is a "Ford Associate" plan that gets Employee pricing plus a percentage. It's also called the AXZ plan

Thanks JDraper, do you think it is best to go the AXY or try to negotiate a better deal? I think the AXY the dealer drops the dealer fee, so it seems like a better deal.
T

I saw another Kona Blue ex the other day near Desoto, KS and tonight coming back from Sam's club in Olathe, I saw a BLACK Limited Explorer!!! HOLY SMOKES I'm in love!!! Being poor sucks. Black is by far my favorite color and with the optional chrome 20's, it looks VERY good;)

JD-whenever you get those interior shots from different viewing positions, I'll do the same and maybe it can be a sticky to compare different gens from the same angles?

STRONG Suggestion for anyone buying an '11

If you're planning on buying (or already own) an '11 Explorer, GET THE MUDFLAPS!!!! I just washed mine for the first time (had it 6 days), and the crap from the roads has already chewed up the lower plastic on the truck a little. Keep in mind roads around here are covered in gravel and salt because of the weather, but the design of the vehicle allows the debris to impinge the lower cladding and do damage.

If you're planning on buying (or already own) an '11 Explorer, GET THE MUDFLAPS!!!! I just washed mine for the first time (had it 6 days), and the crap from the roads has already chewed up the lower plastic on the truck a little. Keep in mind roads around here are covered in gravel and salt because of the weather, but the design of the vehicle allows the debris to impinge the lower cladding and do damage.

Got em on order now.

Getting them and having them installed free as part of the deal. Wouldn't be without them. Also just waiting for Weathertech to come out with the cargo mat, a must have for me, and winter floor mats. I want a one piece mat for the second row and Ford doesn't offer that.

I would have order them as well but reviews of them not fitting right are all over the facebook page. The back wheels fit fine but the front ones do not. The vendor that makes them for Ford needs to go back and re-mold the front ones. Until then, I'm not chomping.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got my mudflaps today and they fit extremely well. I haven't installed them yet because they forgot to include the hardware for the front flaps :rolleyes:, but I lined them up against the wheel wells and it's a great fit.

Back