• Register Today It's free!

Shackle choices

kdbstl

Reaction score
City, State
Saint Louis, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 4WD
Has anyone tried currie or daystar shackles in place of warrior. I noticed some members bought their 153's from quadratec. Wondering if other shackles for jeeps will fit 2nd gen X. I am not looking for lift but was wanting to change my leaf springs and put on a more substantial shackle. I like that these brands have greasable bushings. Thanks in advance
Kris

I haven't personally tried them, but the War-153 is basically a jeep shackle.

That said, keep in mind that the bolt holes are for 14mm. When they first made the war-153 they came with 13mm holes and people had to drill them out to use them. I'm pretty sure I read it was because of a mis-measure by a member here who was giving them the measurements. I would guess that the Jeeps use 13mm (1/2) but don't quote me on that.

just something to look out for.

~Mark

Thanks Mark

Are the leaf springs considered a military wrap? That could be another measurement issue if I would try to replace bushings. I just want to level out and it looks like I should just stick with oem replacements. I will have to ask some manuf. and keep this topic open. Still have some time to figure it out.

I don't think the stock ones were. We've been running OME springs which are military wrapped for > 200k miles, so I don't remember what the stock ones even look like. If I run across them in the yard I'll let you know what they look like..

That is unless someone else can remember if the stock ones are.

~Mark

Back