Help, Radiator Support / Inner fender support | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help, Radiator Support / Inner fender support

mf94_4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Massachussetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mountaineer
My 94 explorer recently had a bad incedent and the front end got wrecked...
I need to replace the radiator support, and the inner fender support bar... its the rectangular piece spotwelded onto the inner fender, Anyone ever have to do this, and do you need to remove the door to get it off? How about the radiator support, is that welded in too?, I have accsess to a full shop and just about every tool you can imagine, plus i can weld so getting them back in wont be trouble. Any tips on the issue would be greatly appreciated i need to get back on the road soon!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, the doors do not need to come off.
I did a how to remove repalce core support in the Body Work and Detailing thread some time ago.
Remove both fenders is it.

The core sup. IS welded in but bolts to the frame.

If a search proves unsuccessful, which it shouldn't.
Lemmie know, I will try to help you along.

Thanks for the tips
I finished doing the job last week it was alot easier than i expected, if anyones got any questions about replacing the core support in a 91 -94 ex, i can probably answer it.

Glad things worked out well for you.
yeah the core sup on those arent bad a all.

I have to do the same thing I had an accident as well

the radiator support and area near the fender..Im guessing it is the same as you are referring to need to be replaced. Where did you find the info?

I am in the middle of a search now, but i figured I would ask also.

thanks

I never really found anything too good on here for doing the job, but i never really searched to hard either... however if you have any questions about doing the job, feel free to ask..

ya, not that hard to remove the core support... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Picture 065.jpg
    Picture 065.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,876

yah my truck looked just like that for while in process of fixing.......its not the easeist thing but, it could have beeen alot worse....

hey there guys, my name is Jim and i have to replace the header panel and the rad support assembley, can anyone help me with this,, i have a 2002 mercury mountianneer sure could use some answers, not sure where to look it up on this site, thanks jim in NJ.

Rad suport,

No, the doors do not need to come off.
I did a how to remove repalce core support in the Body Work and Detailing thread some time ago.
Remove both fenders is it.

The core sup. IS welded in but bolts to the frame.

If a search proves unsuccessful, which it shouldn't.
Lemmie know, I will try to help you along.

are you able to get me info on how to replace the rad suport, been looking all over thanks, jim,,

Hi Jim,

While I appreciate that you used the search function this is a thread from 2004 on a first generation explorer. Your vehicle is a third generation "explorer" and you will likely get better information in the sub forum for that: Link 1

Look for a thread like this perhaps: Link 2

Back