mounty modifications | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

mounty modifications

modify the plastic ring? I dont know what it looks like on the mounties, but id think a little carefull cutting and or grinding should square you away.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I took off the 3 bolt retainer, and took my silverstars out, then put the hid bulb in the locked position, and put the retainer back on... my bulbs are sitting just fine.

damn, mountys must be different...

anyone know why one of my hid's would be white and the other a more bluish color all of a sudden, just noticed it tonight and its bugging me.

how new are they? has one been on longer than the other for a while? two options, the colors are still getting burned in (takes a few hours of running), or two, one of the balests isnt putting out peak power.

ive had them in for maybe two weeks, they have both been on the same amount of time. and they just started doing this, they were perfect before.

are you still under warantee? give it a couple weeks to see if the other one burns in as well. are you still using your auto headlamps to turn them on?

i would think i am under warranty, i would have to check though. on autolamp and the on switch they both are the same.

so have you been using auto lamp?

whenever i think about it i turn them on manually.

IMG00084.jpg

IMG00085.jpg

IMG00086.jpg

snapped a few pics after washing it the other day
IMG00046.jpg

IMG00047.jpg

IMG00048.jpg

IMG00049.jpg

well havent logged on for a while but just thought i would show you guys my new ride, the mounty has been replace by a new 06 cadillac cts-v:D

P1050338.jpg

CTS-V = SEX !!! 550 Boosted Horses is awesome !

did u get rid of the mounty completely ?

I still got it just collecting dust, i put the exhaust back to stock so my mom could drive it and stop complaining about how loud it is lol. i have some stuff off of it if anyone is interested, like 10,000k hids about a month old, magnaflow muffler, custom mounty grille, and blacked out tails if someone gave me their stock ones. yeah dude the cts-v is awesome, unfortunately the 550hp one is the 09+ models lol, i have the 06 with the ls2 and 6spd tremec t56, i hate gm and all of their cars except the cts-v :D

I still got it just collecting dust, i put the exhaust back to stock so my mom could drive it and stop complaining about how loud it is lol. i have some stuff off of it if anyone is interested, like 10,000k hids about a month old, magnaflow muffler, custom mounty grille, and blacked out tails if someone gave me their stock ones. yeah dude the cts-v is awesome, unfortunately the 550hp one is the 09+ models lol, i have the 06 with the ls2 and 6spd tremec t56, i hate gm and all of their cars except the cts-v :D

I know this is a really old post but I was wondring if you still had the headlights.. muffler..and grille..and maybe the taillights. If so what are you asking for them

I know this is a really old post but I was wondring if you still had the headlights.. muffler..and grille..and maybe the taillights. If so what are you asking for them

i got everything except the muffler, i threw it on my f150. do you just want the hids or the whole assembly? same for the tails? if you wanted the assembly i gotta have a replacement to stick back in mine since it is still a backup truck

Awwww! Pure sexiness! I think you just influenced me to get a cts-v! What a sick picture too

hahaha i gotta bust out a recent pic, that thing doesnt even look like it anymore, that was the day i got it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

blacked out rims and front turn signals, lowered with eibach pro kit and 275's out back
P1050821.jpg

P1050801.jpg

P1050798.jpg

Back