• Register Today It's free!

Shocks & Springs (93 XLT)

Fray

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
I have a 1993 XLT (4X4) that I'm currently beginning on and I'm going to need new shocks and springs pretty much right away (bouncy, bouncy). I plan on eventually putting a lift on the truck that will allow me 33's or 35's (still on the fence about which).

Can anyone recommend me a set of the shocks and/or springs to go with?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hate to be 'that guy', but I gotta bump this. I'm starting work on the EX tomorrow and this issue is one of my top priorities.

Any suggestions? If it helps, I'm not building a monster rig strictly for crawling. It will be for regular driving with random off roading.

as far as the bouncy bouncy, the shocks should cure that, did for me. just make sure you use plenty of pb blaster on the shock bolts, i didnt, and broke off the bottom stud, causing me much aggrivation. as far as the springs, i'd wait til you're ready for a lift.

Shocks

I also broke off shock mounting stud. Not much aggravation. I used Gabriels but way too stiff. Grind off broken stud drill hole. Done.

Shocks

These are the ones I used. But, they are really stiff. I Plan on changing them this summer.

I have ranchos from a couple of years ago and hink they are great.

I like my rancho 5000's. They aren't expensive and do their job.

The new shocks should take care of the bounce without replacing the springs. But If you really want to I'd throw in some skyjacker 1.5" springs up front and an AAL in the rear. Then down the road you can fit 33's with just fender trimming, or a body lift If you don't want to cut it up.

Back