• Register Today It's free!

Maryland Explorers!

sploderV8

Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 V8 EB
Still new to the whole Explorer / SUV lifestyle.
Was big in the the whole CAR scene when I had my VW.

I was just wondering if explorer owners here in MD or the DMV have regular meets? Where we can all get together every once in a while, talk, and look at the "rigs"

I know its cold out and not many people would like to have a get together? But what about in the summer?

Also I plan on heading down to Assateague Island one weekend this winter. (I have a permit for beach riding)
Anyone else have one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We used to have fairly regular meets but are over due for one.

with lindsey living so far away now some one else is going to have to coordinate a meet and greet.

Not sure who is going to step up.

We lost A LOT when we lost her.

with lindsey living so far away now some one else is going to have to coordinate a meet and greet.

Not sure who is going to step up.

We lost A LOT when we lost her.

I would be willing to step up and set something up?
I'd even be willing to use my property to host it on, just incase cops give people a hard time about using parking lots.

What days were the meets usually on?
Couple times a month? Once a month?

I guess the big question is who would be willing to have a meet again?:(

We would try for once a month although it usually didn't happen that regularly. They were usually on Saturdays. The only problem with Annapolis is that's quite the hike for me, probably close to two hours. Maybe something a little more central. We meet sometimes at Barebones in Ellicott City. How is that from Annapolis and for you Kevin?

Oh sorry I havent changed my location.

Im in Bowie, MD now. Near the Harley Shop on 197.
But yeah Barebones is cool. Im about 20-25 minutes from there.

When I had my volkswagen we would meet @ the parking garage next to Eggstectations on 108 in Columbia / Ellicott City.

Any place works for me.:thumbsup:

I would be curious to check out some other rides in the area but the meetings are a bit far from us "westerners"

i would be up for a meet. i live about an hour out from bowie

i would be down for a meet i live in hagerstown MD but drive to the Glen burine/Pasadena/Laurel area off of 197 all the time so lets set something up???

Im down for any place really. I dont have a problem with driving.

How about we list some places that we could all work with and go from there?

And also a day and time?

Locations I can think of:
Barebones in Ellicott City
Pepboys Parking Lot Laurel MD

Days:
Thursday evenings around 7:00 or 7:30?
Saturday anytime.

Post a location and time and we can vote.

Did the meet happen if not we try to get one going again

i'm new to the explorer world I'm in to cars more but wouldnt mind getting out to meet some of the fellow x owners.

Are there any trails a stock 2nd gen can get around in the area?

I'm doing a motor rebuild so I'm out for about another 2 weeks.

If we are going to set up a meet we need a rough head count. And location of everyone so we can find a neutral place to meet.

hey guys this is the first time iv seen this thread and im just wondering if the meets have happened or are going to im down for sure. i live in Frederick MD and my name is dylan harley pm me or call or text me on my cell its 240-315-8439 thanks

Was up man we gota get some kind of meet together. And if anyone knows of a local off road park.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea i know i really wanna get a meet together i wanna see some peoples rigs around us im the only ex with stuff done to it in my community that i know of and it sucks

Back