Ebay seller lying about product in case anyone is looking for nav (dont trust him) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ebay seller lying about product in case anyone is looking for nav (dont trust him)

rusty813

Reaction score
City, State
Private
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I f your sure its him then report him he doesnt deserve to profit from it

I sent him a question asking if he would accept a return if the screen froze up after 10 minutes and none of the buttons worked, like someone had happen on the Edge forum... :)

The reply:

I tried to hook this up to a 2008 Edge and thats what it did, so I am assuming if it was programmed for a 2009-2010 it might work. I don't have access to a 2009-2010 to see if it works.

My .02-

That info should be in the auction if you're not offering a return.

I f your sure its him then report him he doesnt deserve to profit from it

Yea its him his fordedgeforum.com and ebay username is the same and pictures that he posted back in july 2010 is the sameones like on ebay

lol that guy just outbid 500$ going down the drain for him, when he plugs it in...i am thinking of just reporting him already thats alot money he will not be refund for when someone is false adversiting or making a misleading statement

or should i give him a warning email but i am assuming he would take it as threat

I would NOT report him. He clearly says as-is. I find it acceptable to not take a return when he is not guarantying the unit. The ad is missleading when he says condition unknown. But when someone says as-is, the buyer must assume the risk. If you buy a used truck that is as-is and then drop your tranny, would you take the truck back and ask for a refund? When I see "as-is" on anything I assume something might be wrong with it and base my buying decision on that.

He also says it can't be tested and he tested it. Don't f'n lie and try to take my money. I'll report him.

He also says it can't be tested and he tested it. Don't f'n lie and try to take my money. I'll report him.

Well he can't test it in the correct car. So its not a lie. He is just not disclosing everything he knows. I still see nothing wrong with his ad. He is not forcing anyone to bid and he has no guarentee for it to work. It is USED electroincs. He is not the manufacturer. The product is as-is. What happened to the old saying "Buyer beware" or "Cover your own a@$"

I think the issue is- he wrote it very carefully. He isn't incriminating himself, yet he isn't disclosing what he knows. Is it an illegal auction because of the info? Probably not. Is it ethical? Certainly not. Problem is, we're a nation of laws, not feelings. And even the laws are fuzzy now.

i sent him an email politely, if he responds back ruding or denying the facts i will report him

I think the issue is- he wrote it very carefully. He isn't incriminating himself, yet he isn't disclosing what he knows. Is it an illegal auction because of the info? Probably not. Is it ethical? Certainly not. Problem is, we're a nation of laws, not feelings. And even the laws are fuzzy now.

I agree. From what I gathered and read the 09+ Ford nav units are not compatible with older vehicles which is what he tried to do by installing 2008 Edge. I'm also not aware of anyone doing custom programming on the newer nav units. He clearly states "as is."

actually they are, a friend of mines installed one in his 07 explorer...you got to have proper wiring, and the navigation he is selling, he bought used from ebay...but ebay has email me back and said the listing indeed has violated their policy...I would buy it from him but not at that price 500$ which is what the auction is at right now, but ebay is going to be removing the listing or if i was to buy for $500 i would like a return policy on it if there is malfunction

150$ is the max i will give for it, so if it is indeed broken then i dont care if i lost my money

actually they are, a friend of mines installed one in his 07 explorer...you got to have proper wiring, and the navigation he is selling, he bought used from ebay...but ebay has email me back and said the listing indeed has violated their policy...I would buy it from him but not at that price 500$ which is what the auction is at right now, but ebay is going to be removing the listing or if i was to buy for $500 i would like a return policy on it if there is malfunction

150$ is the max i will give for it, so if it is indeed broken then i dont care if i lost my money

Did ebay say what policy was violated?

no they told me, that stuff is private and its between ebay and the seller thats all

the guy finally responded about the navigation this is what he wrote in the auction listing:

I think ebay gave him warning if he doesnt edit it, then they would remove

I have had people asking me questions about this radio. I live in Montana and purchased this radio from a salvage yard in California. I was going to install it in our 2008 Edge, when I hooked it up to our vehicle everything worked on the unit. After roughly 10-15 minutes the unit would freeze up and I would have to unplug it wait plug it back in and it would work again. So I am thinking that reprogramming may solve the problem since it was programmed for a hybrid or since it was a 2008 I installed it in may be the problem. That is why it was stated condition unknown and unable to test unit.

Never buy anything from e-bay that does not have a doa warranty unless its dirt cheap.

Ill give you a quick story. I bought a Dell laptop for $75, the guys ad said broken power connector otherwise great shape. He said he had replace it and didnt want to spend the 100 bucks to send it out for repair. What he didnt say was the thing was beat to sh*t, he spilled something like Pepsi all it that had hardened so bad it could not be cleaned or that he had tried to fix it and completely destroyed the motherboard, or that he had pulled out the ram and hard drive, or that the case was cracked in several spots. When I complained he said just send it back so I can resell it. E-bay got involved and I told them I was just going to toss it in the garbage otherwise the problem will just go merrily along. E-bay gave me a full credit and said thanks for ending cycle, they also banned the seller.

So get a DOA warranty that includes shipping costs otherwise find another seller, there are tons of them out there.

Bob

i think it sold for 600...damn people sure do have plenty of money to waste

Back