Just bought our second Explorer - a 2000 XLS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just bought our second Explorer - a 2000 XLS

Parkz

Reaction score
City, State
Waseca, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLS
Hello All,

Glad to be part of the Explorer family again - had a 1996 XLT 4x4 for many years, traded it in when it started to nickel-and-dime us at 180K+ miles, but missed it...just bought a 2000 XLS with 146K miles for a sweet price, and very glad we've done it! Only needs a few things fixed, so I'm hoping to find some tips and tricks here!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome

Welcome Home!!

welcome

Thanks everyone!

Hey, quick question - my XLS has a broken center console, and I'm thinking of getting a full-length center console to replace it...first, will it fit? Second, where's a good place to get a gray one??

I'm out of Mankato,that's where I work.Live in Amboy.There are 3 junkyards that I know of as I'm not from MN originally.

Lake Crystal 169 south of town on the right,nice people
Mankato on 169 south on the service road,I know they have 6-8 Ex's
Beauford on MN 22 south about 10 miles out of Mankato,I have not been there but it is a big yard and I'm sure they will have a bunch.

When I get home and the weather clears I am going to go thru all of those yards.:D

Hey, thanks! I used to work in Mankato. I'm new to MN, too - just moved here a little over a year ago.

Hello All,

Glad to be part of the Explorer family again - had a 1996 XLT 4x4 for many years, traded it in when it started to nickel-and-dime us at 180K+ miles, but missed it...just bought a 2000 XLS with 146K miles for a sweet price, and very glad we've done it! Only needs a few things fixed, so I'm hoping to find some tips and tricks here!
Welcome ! Fairly new here myself. Bought a 99 from wife cousin "It only needs a fuel pump" XLT
Besides everything underneath rusted so bad I got 2 Tetanus shots. At least the New tires kept it from sinking any further wherever it was, and they were the wrong size , 225 vs 235
Good luck with yours, BTW, I did tryuel Pum p a tip, modified it, and it worked on getting corroded Fuel Filter off. Fuel pump I cut a trap door through floor

Welcome.

Back