• Register Today It's free!

P0300 help please

mycool

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
I am unable to figure this out. I have just installed new plugs in my 99 X OHV and the wires were still in good shape. Coil pack is firing on every cylinder... (remove plug wire watch pack arch to plug) don't know why i am gettin this code. any help is apprecaited. I am not good with electronics so please steer me in the right direction

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...P0300 = Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected...

...tough one...i'm thinking i would swap out the coil pack just to see if that resolves it and replacing the wires wouldn't hurt either...just because the outside looks good doesn't mean they are on the inside...recently a member just had a similar problem and it turned out the new wires were faulty...
...but here's a bump so someone else can chime in...:D

Perhaps you could remove the wires one wire at a time and verify all cylinders are contributing. What did you gap the plugs at? Did it run rough before the putting in the new plugs? You might try running some good fuel injector cleaner. I have heard there is a product called sea foam that works well. I know that BG44k also works well. Perhaps you have some plugged injectors?

replaced the wires and that seemed to do the trick for now. i still think i might replace the coil pack just because sometimes i am still gettin a hesitation and i am not sure the last time it was replaced. with 160+ miles on it might be a good idea.

im getting the same code i just replaced the EGR vavle and fuel filter cleaned the AMS new air filter i order coil pack E3 plugs and 10 mm wires and pick up a throttle body spacer

Back