No more holds on newly built explorers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No more holds on newly built explorers

RLWSNOOK

Reaction score
City, State
OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I know that people who had a Feb (or earlier) build date have been posting a lot about how there are a bunch of delays and holds on their explorers.

However I just wanted to post that these are over (for new builds). Mine was built March 8th. Same day was sent to the loading dock and only had to wait for a truck to pick it up (it was shipped today). The dealer got it today (it was only a 3 hour truck drive away).

So for all you who's explorers are being built after March 8th you should not worry about holds... It won't slow your order down. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see your from Ohio. Dealership?

I see your from Ohio. What dealership did you order your Explorer from?

I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio and I'm trying to decided what dealership to us to place my order.:exp:

I see your from Ohio. What dealership did you order your Explorer from?

I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio and I'm trying to decided what dealership to us to place my order.:exp:

I actually got mine from Fort Wayne, Indiana because I know a guy who works at a dealer there. Sorry... Prob too far for you to drive.

I actually got mine from Fort Wayne, Indiana because I know a guy who works at a dealer there. Sorry... Prob too far for you to drive.

If you are in Cincinnati, there is only one dealership to go to. Beechmont Ford. I have bought my last 5 cars from them. They even discounted off of X-plan for me this time. They have great allotment and will treat you right.

Go there and ask for David David (that is really his name).

Tell him Kevin sent you.

Dismania

I think maybe the new X's are getting shipped so quickly because they finally got all the previously built ones out of the way and into the back 40. Now they can sit there until Ford get around to fixing what needs to be fixed, without holding up all the rest of our properly built X's :D

BTW...I am just kidding. I hope all you who have been waiting for a while get your vehicles, but I couldn't resist. ;)

I think maybe the new X's are getting shipped so quickly because they finally got all the previously built ones out of the way and into the back 40. Now they can sit there until Ford get around to fixing what needs to be fixed, without holding up all the rest of our properly built X's :D

BTW...I am just kidding. I hope all you who have been waiting for a while get your vehicles, but I couldn't resist. ;)

I know it was a joke, and I take no offense...but it sure looks more correct than incorrect. Vehicles built a month after some of ours are hitting dealers while Feb builds sit.

Back