Oem Fog lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oem Fog lights

Hey guys,

I've tried searching but came up short. 2002-05 fog lights are plug and play if you already have fog lights. My question is are there any other model year fog lights that would fit a 2002-05 explorer? ie: Ex.sport, sporttrac, ranger, f-150? Or i'm I stuck with just 3rd gen fog lights? I ask because last weekend, a rock kicked up and broke my pass side lens.

thanks inadvance for any info.

bill

I think you're 'stuck' with 3rd gen lights unless you want to change the bumper to a 4th gen skin.. and then the grill would not match up... so yeah .. your stuck with 3rd gen lights.

That's what i was thinking, I was at one of the local junk yards. I seen about 6 2nd gens there. A few still have a complete xlt/eb front clips w/fogs intact. Some f-150's and rangers with the round fogs. All I really need is the lens, the light still works. But from what I can tell the 3rd gen fogs are sealed. Not like my stangs that come all apart.

You could always go aftermarket. Just make sure the wattage of the new lights you choose won't overwork the stock wiring harness or else you'll have problems.

Back