Reaction score
City, State
Rockland, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Saw this underneath my Explorer a few days ago

explo001.jpg

explo002.jpg

On the 2nd pic where it's circled is where this loose hose is attached. What is it and where should the other end attach too? I'm still learning about mechanical things. So far no problems with driving or performance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

from the picture it looks like it could ether be your emergency brake cable or it could be the vent live for the rear diff.

I ran across that same thing while I was dropping the fuel tank to check the fuel pump. I noticed it was just cliped to the frame. Didn't know what it was, still don't but it was just hangin out. Looks like the clip is still attached to the hose. Just clip it to the frame.

Hold on if it attaches to where you circled then that is your main brake line!!do not drive this till you check and see if there is a rubber hose attached to the top of the pumpkin into a spliter to two hard lines!!

It cant attach to where you circled.the first pic you can see it bending towards the top of the springs and also you can see the frame clip on the end of the hose.its an axle breather tube,clip it back to the frame

I would have suggested sucking on it and see what comes out!!!hahah

its the axle breather tube. the little metal clip at the end of it clips on to the frame cross member above the axle

yeah, do not put pressurized air to it unless you want to do the axle seals and pinion seal.
It is the breather for the rear diff, like Surreal said the clip holds it up to the frame, so water does not get into it,,

its the axle breather tube. the little metal clip at the end of it clips on to the frame cross member above the axle

Is there an echo?;)

nope, just reinfording the corect info to offset the incorect info

:)

Thank you everyone. I did circle the wrong part. That is hooked up correct, allm I got to do is re-clip the breather hose.

Back