How To: Install F150 Ford Emblem Backup Camera in Sport Trac | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How To: Install F150 Ford Emblem Backup Camera in Sport Trac

put the input of the radio in sirus and it will have sound

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

put the input of the radio in sirus and it will have sound

I dont think I can. I dont have factory satellite radio so the tab isnt even there.

oh you are using lockpick with that radio from trustigo?
not the factory ford radio?

oh you are using lockpick with that radio from trustigo?
not the factory ford radio?
No, its the factory ford navigation radio im using the lockpick with.

I have a tab that says sat radio, thats how i get my audio for the lock pick.
my dvd tab now says entertaiment enabled.

According to Coastal I will have to have my nav radio reprogrammed by ford to enable the dvd or aux function to allow it to work.

does your radio look like this?

picture.php?albumid=15821&pictureid=63853.jpg

Yep, just doesn't have the SR or LINE IN tab.

do you have the sirus antenna mounted on the roof of truck?

Nope

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=179253

there is alot of info here, from I am getting out of this it look like you can get the sirus radio module for 30 bucks, and then install a jumper behind the rear doors in the c piliar for audio.
then you will have the SR in put for sound for the lockpick

good luck

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=179253

there is alot of info here, from I am getting out of this it look like you can get the sirus radio module for 30 bucks, and then install a jumper behind the rear doors in the c piliar for audio.
then you will have the SR in put for sound for the lockpick

good luck
FYI, you are a genius!! I got to reading that post and thought, hey wait a minute, let me go try something. My wifes 08 Explorer has Sirius, but we dont use it and it wouldnt even work with the aftermarket radio in her car. I went out and within 5 minutes was in business. I just removed the sirius module from her car in the kick panel, plugged it into the wiring harness that was already there in my 07 ST. I turned on the radio and voila, the SR tab was there. The sat radio doesnt work, but the audio from the lockpick DOES! Problem solved. Thanks for the idea man!

Are you pretty much satisfied with the lockpick now that it appears to be operating? I started my install yesterday, no problem getting the unit out of the dash. I hate to sound like a dummy, but I could not get the small screws attaching the ribbon cover on the back of the screen to break loose.Might be a bifocal problem, but all kidding aside was there some type of special mini phillips head screw driver you used to get them loose?

I'm still not satisfied because I've had to do way more wiring and changing than you should have to do when you spend close to 300 dollars on something. As far as the door covering the back of the screen you mention, I had to actually break the plastic. There was no way those screws were coming out. All of my small screwdrivers would strip it out before they'd remove those screws. They use locktite on them from the factory. I broke the plastic piece in half and managed to rotate half of it out of the way. It's not really necessary and you cant see it once everything is back in.

OK, new problem. I started the truck to go to work today and noticed the sat radio function was gone. I realized that when the truck is in the on or run position and the engine is off, it will see the sat radio box and work, but when the truck is actually on and the engine is running, it does not work. If I turn the key to on and then start the truck, the SR goes away. Anyone have a clue what thats all about? It's like the Satellite box loses power or something when the car is running, which makes absolutely no sense at all. My guess would be something with the canbus RAP system is messed up, which would also explain why my radio turns off when I turn the key off, even when the door is shut.

I had no problems.

vipersinu2, did you run into the problem with locktite on the ribbon cover? If so what was your remedy?

my install went flawlessly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK, new problem. I started the truck to go to work today and noticed the sat radio function was gone. I realized that when the truck is in the on or run position and the engine is off, it will see the sat radio box and work, but when the truck is actually on and the engine is running, it does not work. If I turn the key to on and then start the truck, the SR goes away. Anyone have a clue what thats all about? It's like the Satellite box loses power or something when the car is running, which makes absolutely no sense at all. My guess would be something with the canbus RAP system is messed up, which would also explain why my radio turns off when I turn the key off, even when the door is shut.
Just an update.. Everything is fixed and working properly now. I figured it out on my own, but later on when coastal tech support finally called me back, they confirmed that what I did was "a" correct way to fix the problem. I cut the 2 pink CAN BUS wires coming from the lockpick to the 16 pin harness on the back of the radio. The can bus + and - wires from the lockpick were interfering with the radio itself as well as the satellite tuner. That is why when I started the car, the sat tuner would turn off. It is also the reason my delayed accessory feature on the radio wasnt working. I can only imagine they have those connected to the lockpick in the first place to work for another model vehicle like the F150 because the Delayed accessory didnt ever work in my explorer once the lockpick was connected, even when I didnt have the sat tuner connected. By hooking the lockpick power up directly to the sunroof feed and cutting the can wires, all is well now finally. Hopefully it stays that way. It's been a long road getting this thing working. Definitely not a project for those afraid to deal with some problems. :)

Back