• Register Today It's free!

options for rock sliders?

armysoldier30263

Reaction score
City, State
Shaw AFB, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 BLACK 4.0 XLT
i know about the toyota rocksliders from addictedoffroad.com but other than total custom has anybody found any other rocksliders or step bars that wont break the bank? i dont want stock running boards or step bars ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I reckon as long as you measure the length, any aftermarket slider's can be mounted with only a little fab work. You choose the angle you want and bingo! if your not doing it yourself a shop would only charge $50 or so for 6 tab's welded on, I'd think. Worth a check anyway.

"reckon" ?!?! thought that was only used in the south lol but the only slider'step bars i can find that i like is primarily for jeeps and most mount on the rocker panels and the 4dr jeep stuff is so overpriced ... but my idea is to get the rocksliders like the ones on the website and go to a fab shop and get them to run a strip of metal the length of the running board mounts and off of the strip weld the sliders or step bars on it

AJ's off road armor does sliders for jeeps - i'm sure he could be persuaded to do some for an X....

i checked out ajs offroad and nothing there still cant beat the prices on the yota sliders ... and they will take minor fab work ... dont know im still unsure what i want to do :confused:

I just bought these at http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Trail-Gear-Toyota-Rock-Sliders-Rocker-Protection-p-16782.html

$188 shipped but you need to be able to weld them. easy enough making them bolt on to the frame rails with additional brackets but you can cut these to the desired width

If you have a chop saw, 1/2" drill and MIG welder you should be good to go.

I took off and ditched the old plastic steps long ago, and my kids have a hard time getting in now so these should work great.

Technically, I am down south mate...Way down south :D Excellent link's there guys, some wicked option's.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

lynchy after i wrote that i knew that would be your response lol but i like the yota rocksliders and the price is also a huge plus ... just want to see what yall have found cruisin the net

Damn, I'm becoming predictable Hahaha. There are some good ones out there but those 'yoda ones are hell cool.

DSCN0832.jpg

or you could just make some.

DSCN0945.jpg

DSCN0944.jpg

DSCN1033.jpg

Sweet as:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lounge, did you drill into your frame?

I'm still up in the air if I have balls enough to do that.

no!

the holes were already there. built the mounts around existing holes so I wouldn't have to drill the frame

thanks Lynchy!

Back