• Register Today It's free!

Seat Help

Malsteem

Reaction score
City, State
Montana
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
I have a 1996 Explorer and need a replacement drivers side front seat. The cushion is all messed up. I am wondering what year(s) and vehicles can I make an easy switch from? I need something comfortable and with good back support. I don't know if this matters but i am 6 even and weigh 250.

Thanks,
Mal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't remember where but I saw a thread yesterday about replacing seats, somebody had mentioned that the limited seats are apparently extremely comfortable and have the same bolt pattern that all the other 2nd Gen Ex's do. Maybe you could find some in a junk yard or somethin'.

I got some great seats from another Explorer...

My 99 Sport had a broken drivers side seat base and I was looking at some leather racing style seats but didn't want to spend close to $300...

So I went to my favorite boneyard and found another 99 Sport with great looking seats in it...They have raised side bolsters and an adjustable lumbar support and for $40 bucks each I couldn't turn them down...

The Explorer had cloth seats but also had some features like keyless entry, full length center console with rear vents and radio controls, and a premium sound system...It wasn't an EB or Limited by the badging on the body but it did have a better interior than my Sport did...

The seats are like sitting in my Charger they are so supportive and comfortable... And I am 6'5" and over 320 lbs...I have put over 500 miles on the truck since this weekend and I can tell you I have never felt this good after a long trip in the truck before...

Back