I have reverse, but no drive gear. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have reverse, but no drive gear.

Harley49

Reaction score
City, State
Roanoke Rapids. NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4x4
I have reverse and no forward , Will the Modulator Valve make it stop pulling forward, I do have transmission oil in the engine oil? Any help would be great Thanks 1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did check fluid level and shift linkage good there i was just asking if the Modulator Valve would stop it from going in gear forward , I have reverse...Thanks for ya help, sorry i posted it in the wrong form..

I'm starting to see a trend in 94 X's with the A4LD losing forward gears. Mine is doing the very exact same thing. What was the fix? I strained over 3 years of threads and postings and I have found all kinds of different explanations... vacuum modulator, modulator leaking trans fluid into intake, modulator needs adjustment, modulator pin missing, vacuum line cracked, valve body needs rebuilt, shift linkage needs adjusted. So, in all cases, just rebuild the trans? No one has dropped a definitive answer on what the cause was/is.

Just my two cents...

Back