Will at 4 door drivers door fit a 2 Door Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will at 4 door drivers door fit a 2 Door Sport

smclelland84

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Well a few months back my neighbour across the street was nice enough to back his Chevy into my drivers door and ignor it...cant prove it tho...anyway the door is pretty bad and im ready to replace it but there are no 2 doors at the local yard. Im wondering if anyone knows if a drivers door from a 1999 4 door will fit the drivers side of a 1999 Sport? Also any hints or tips for this kind of project would be welcome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do not think it will fit. One would think that the 2 door model would have larger doors to allow easier access to the rear seat

Yea thats what i thought but wasn't sure...the doors really arn't that long compared to most 4 door cars and what not...gonna have to get the tape measure out and take that approach.

Normally a two door has a larger door.

There is (or was) a two door here in Pensacola. If you can't find one I would assume they would ship it to you.

they will not fit. the sport doors are longer.

Back