92 expo A4LD 2-3 flare ( shift delay ) another QUES | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

92 expo A4LD 2-3 flare ( shift delay ) another QUES

gforceman

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia beach VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 limited 4.6 V8
92 expo tranny taking a long time to shift into 3rd from 2nd again the tranny was rebuilt by ME 2 years ago worked great until 2 weeks ago started getting a flare or long delay going from 2nd to 3rd ,, i did check the modulator for oil its clean . but where the servos are theres NO HEAT SHIELD ! , i remember it broke and never replaced it ,, is it a good possibility the intermediate servo is baked since its slow going into 3rd. and can i replace it with out removing tranny or going through the access hole under console or can i drop tranny low enough to change them , both the OD and intermediate if thats the issue , some times 3rd will float out of engagement and go back in telling me the servos are shot

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump !

i did adjust the kick cable per the way you have stated , its a little better , if driven in OD not in 3rd only the way she always drove it

mine is doing the same thing it was workin just fine went up and played in the snow, and now it wont shift untill about 4,000 rpm or if i shift it manualy any idies would be great.

Back