1994 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer

f7bc1f12.gif

Just bought on 12/31/08

1994 Ford explorer eddie bauer 4.0 ohv 111,413k miles bought for $1500. It needs a good cleaning, new tires w/ alignment, a good sub and speakers (hitting up walmart tomorrow, my brother doesnt care about the OEM stuff but i cant stand it) eventually new shocks, and some odds and ends interior/exterior bits just to make it nicer overall. It needs a good buffing for sure i have no doubt at one point someone keyed this truck, but it isnt thru the paint atleast.

Anyways heres pictures before i started cleaning anything.

6155fc78.jpg

d336876e.jpg

cdd11971.jpg

f9dfc055.jpg

62f441a7.jpg

776750dd.jpg

b3353dab.jpg

d036eb43.jpg

2940419a.jpg

c9738b29.jpg

52f39455.jpg

be79c4a3.jpg

8900d13b.jpg

Here is the absolutely retarded "subwoofer" basically the stock cone is blown (I tested it, it just vibrates and pulsates terribly) and this one anything past volume 3 just garbles up.

24b81a2a.jpg

Since this was sitting in the garage i figured i'd install it. Its the cargo cover from the last 98 explorer. Better than sitting in the garage collecting dust. Popped right in :)

fd77a57d.jpg

2/2/11

Some tidbits where its at now

Morimoto H1 Bixenon projectors retrofitted into Depo clear housings
4" rough country lift
33x12.5R15 BFGoodrich All terrain A/T KO's on 15x8 Cragar soft 8's
4.56 Gears with rear aussie locker
WAR153 shackles
Flowmaster Catback
Mac air filter

207afd40.jpg

c132db5f.jpg

7f1074f1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So today the 4" rough country lift was started.....

4f5af182.jpg

V8BoatBuilder, LikuiD and I started around 8:30am and finished around 9pm.... The front is virtually done, one of the brake lines in the procomp pack doesn't fit. Otherwise its almost ready to have the new cragar soft 8's and 33's put on....

V8BB's 97 mounty
301c97cc.jpg

6257904e.jpg

3c381b06.jpg

Getting started
c442c1bf.jpg

Compressing the old spring, LikUiD on the left, V8BB on the right
a4f96c20.jpg

V8BB grinding the hell out of something....
47944754.jpg

e5c37551.jpg

Upon getting the rivets out of one of the TTB brackets, the air chisel kicked up alot of concrete dust
bf683488.jpg

Brackets on
d085311d.jpg

Coils in
f3cfce8f.jpg

More updates tomorrow, I'll have a 97 in the garage to lift as well ;)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Lookin' shaaaaarp!!

(I was grinding off the pass-side beam pivot mount rivet heads and a cross-threaded bolt on the pass-side RA mount)

Lookin' shaaaaarp!!

(I was grinding off the pass-side beam pivot mount rivet heads and a cross-threaded bolt on the pass-side RA mount)

Ah, I wasn't paying close enough attention ;)

I'm actually in the middle of doing the TT to my friends 97, we got the 31's and warriors on... I'll have another registry up about that truck in a few hours :D

So the front is pretty much wrapped up, it just needs one brake line on the pass side.

aa402b7c.jpg

Started on the rear, its almost done, except the axle isn't centered on the leafs so it will have to come apart again to fix.

4fd212db.jpg

Cutting U bolts
0e01f242.jpg

cbf5aca4.jpg

Ahh, the sweet pictures of success. Big thanks to my brother and Aaron for all their help!

Now I need to find something to run over bwahahah! :chug:

Truck looks awesome!! Just texted you the brake line guy's number. Did the hardline crack?

Great thread. This is just about the same thing I'm planning on doing to my 94. So looks like you did a 4 inch lift kit in the front and SOA in the back? Did you use the stock springs or keep the AAL with that? Any problems with axle walk?

I take it back, this truck is all kinds of bad assery.

I take it back, this truck is all kinds of bad assery.

Hahahah...thanks!

Bats - I actually bought a new leaf pack for the rear and kept it SUA. With the new pack I got 4.5'' of lift. I wanted to see how much I got out of them before I went over otherwise it would be too much of a rake. We'll see how it settles though. I'm sure itll be SOA in the future...

Truck looks great bud! Needs that message center in it now, LOL

Bump for being in the right forum now!

so likuid you own this truck right? Dreddogs making it sound like hes owns it. haha jk i know its yours just clarifying as i get confused who owns it when i read the thread. Truck looks awesome it was great to get to see it in person, Im trying to get another Wharton run together after everybody gets their tax returns and finishes the mods they may have planned when they get it.

so likuid you own this truck right? Dreddogs making it sound like hes owns it. haha jk i know its yours just clarifying as i get confused who owns it when i read the thread. Truck looks awesome it was great to get to see it in person, Im trying to get another Wharton run together after everybody gets their tax returns and finishes the mods they may have planned when they get it.

Yeahhh I need to create a new thread I think...it's my truck but i'm lazy so he updates everything haha. I'll make a new one tonight I think.

Did you figure out where you know me from yet? hahah we def need to have another wharton run that was a blast...then take a trip up to Rausch Creek and do some real wheeling!

no still havent figured out yet haha. next time you come to wharton ill take you to some of the areas im more familiar wheres they way better wheeling, i like it better when theres no snow too, and i really want to go to rausch sometime, id like to get a body lift and some 33's first tho.

:GASP: What happened to my twin???

:GASP: What happened to my twin???

Hahahah I knew this day would come....thanks for reminding me :(

I had a moment of weakness several years ago and traded her in on a 06' Charger R/T (which was totally worth it :D). Fast forward a few months later I missed my truck so much I bought another 1st gen and here we are...

Apparently it's still registered around North Jersey somewhere...althought if I ever see it i'm so stealing it back. Bleh!!

Well it's been quite some time without an update, but when I realized shes already 20 years old I decided it was time for a birthday gift after years of hard work and off road abuse! Here's a few shots after a local Craigslister did a sweet detailing job...because I am way to lazy to detail myself :thumbsup:

Still drives like a champ, already over 10k on the M5OD and still going strong. I may not post a lot anymore, but I sure do drive this thing almost every day!

First gens forever!

20140809_125159.jpg

20140809_125100.jpg

20140810_100648.jpg

Fake edit: and yes, it does get dirty from time to time

2011-08-13_15-59-50_978.jpg

Back