Redranger4.0, solid axle swap d44/9" | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Redranger4.0, solid axle swap d44/9"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What did you get them from? You need to hurry this up so I can get more ideas... At this rate, I'll have mine done before you finally make up your mind on parts! :p: :D

You're coming up on 6 years!!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

What did you get them from? You need to hurry this up so I can get more ideas... At this rate, I'll have mine done before you finally make up your mind on parts! :p: :D

Front is a D60 from a 91 Dodge, essentially the exact same as a Chevy front.

Rear is a 35 spline D70 from a similar dodge.

Plan is 5.86 gears with a 42" tire. Trying to decide between Rockers and TSL's. Leaning towards Rockers with recentered h1's.

I think I have a serious clinically diagnosable problem.

Damn, i got all giddy when i got a email to a reply to this thread. I thought we were getting our yearly update at least:mattmoon:

Damn, i got all giddy when i got a email to a reply to this thread. I thought we were getting our yearly update at least:mattmoon:

It is an update.

Here is the new plan.

Passenger D60 Front
5.86 Gears
Detroit
D70 35 spline stubs
Poly Performance 35 spline Flanges
undecided Highsteer arms
1410/1350 Yoke (not sure yet)

35 spline D70 rear
5.86 gears
Detroit
Disk Brakes
1410 Yoke

42" Tires of some sort. Either TSL's or Pitbull Rockers most likely.
Recentered H1's With pressed centers.

Sadly, I am on year 8, if that is any consolation to you.

I missed it somewhere, but what transfer case are you going with to match the passenger side drop?

Sadly, I am on year 8, if that is any consolation to you.

I missed it somewhere, but what transfer case are you going with to match the passenger side drop?

Im undecided on a tcase still. I may just drop the coin on an Atlas 2 and be done with it but Northwest Fab is saying they are coming out with an adapter to convert our 5 bolt 25 spline transmission outputs over to a 6 bolt more common spline setup. If that happens I can run a D300 or something else more available.

Picked up a new set of 16" 300# Eibach lower springs for my coil overs on sunday. Im hoping to get the 1/2 ton axles out from under the truck and clean them up a bit and ready for sale soon.

Picking up a Brandy new Free 39.5" TSL tomorrow.

39.5x15x16.5 (16.5x10 wheel) on the left, 36x12.5x15 (15x8 wheel) on the right.

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

Anyone need a 39.5" tire? Decided that wasnt big enough. Picking up my new tires on saturday. Ill give a hint. Bigger then 46 and smaller then 48....

dude your a beast..just went threw this whole build.. dam

You will be happy that your throwing this all off and going d60. I wish I had the time to do mine over again.

I have snagged shafts and other parts to many times

The 1/2 ton setup was more suited to the truck when it was going to be put back into DD status, but that status has long since passed. So the 1 tons just make sense. Going to be pricey to build. Im looking at about $4200 for the front axle.

Tires showed up today.

DSC_0300-1.jpg

DSC_0297-1.jpg

Man those tires are ginormous and oh so delicious:D

Back