What's your status? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Has anyone noticed if/when the sync version gets updated to 2.8 compared to your Ex status changing to "in transit"? Mine has been at 2.7 since the build date (3/10).

V2.8 is being loadedat factory, right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The builds now are getting 2.8. I don't think they have sent any back to go from 2.7 to 2.8, unless they had a problem. Mine was built 3/29 with 2.7 installed and has been in transit since 4/6.

4/4 was the earliest seen. Mine was done on 4/5.

Just Got the Call!!!!! Picking her up in couple hours!!!!!! Wooohoooo

Yay for you, boo for me. Just got an update - still "Awaiting Shipping" - getting so tired of this.

Ordered 3/1
vin 4/14
est. Build week 5/2

limited w/ 302a
rear inf. Seatbelts
tuxedo black

Status

So how do you find out the status of your vehicle.

My window sticker indicates my vehicle was built 4/14. Any assistance would be appreciated.

The builds now are getting 2.8. I don't think they have sent any back to go from 2.7 to 2.8, unless they had a problem. Mine was built 3/29 with 2.7 installed and has been in transit since 4/6.

Same with mine. Built 3/15 with 2.7 and in transit since 4/13, still with 2.7.

It's finally here!:D

Picking it up this afternoon!

Watched it being unloaded from the carrier.

I'm picturing my Ex sitting against a fence in the back of a huge lot of other Ex's which are slowly but surely getting shipped. With all the deliveries, I'm a little more optimistic that they will get to mine.

No VIN for me today:thumbdwn:

My sales person told me that a VIN could come any day and not necessarily only on Fridays after the Thursday scheduling thing?

I have no idea what to believe.

It's finally here!:D

Picking it up this afternoon!

Watched it being unloaded from the carrier.

Congrats!!!
Last I knew mine was in RI waiting for a hauler to take it the last 1 1/2 hours to it's destination.
Of course if it rolls in some time today, my sales guy has Fridays off, so chances are no pick up til next week.

No VIN for me today:thumbdwn:

My sales person told me hat a VIN could come any day and not necessarily only on Fridays after the Thursday scheduling thing?

I have no idea what to believe.

I think that could be true. I got the VIN when I called the dealer the Tuesday after scheduling, but maybe it just got assigned before I called.

ordered 3/18.

got VIN on 4/8. Tried putting in the VIN on the website to see the window sticker but it keeps coming back with "the VIN was not found in the system". Is this normal behavior until the week before the build?

ordered 3/18.

got VIN on 4/8. Tried putting in the VIN on the website to see the window sticker but it keeps coming back with "the VIN was not found in the system". Is this normal behavior until the week before the build?

Anywhere from 7-4 days prior to build your WS will show up.

My Stats

Ordered 1/5/2011

Got VIN on 4/7/2011

No build date.

Ordered: 3/5
VIN received: 4/15

That's all I know. No sticker or build date yet.

Ordered January (can't even remember when).
Built 3/24.
Still awaiting shipping. (Sigh).

Ordered 3/7
Vin# 4/8
Build week 4/25 :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Same with mine. Built 3/15 with 2.7 and in transit since 4/13, still with 2.7.

3/12/11 Explorer Built
3/16/11 Sync 2.7 installed
4/11/11 awaiting shipment at trucking company yard

I'm hoping Seni can give me some good news on Monday.

Back