Redranger4.0, solid axle swap d44/9" | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Redranger4.0, solid axle swap d44/9"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it the one in the picture above with the 8 lug wheel?

What sort of price, plus shipping to 40216?

Yea its the one with the 8 lug wheel. It would be $250 plus what ever shipping is.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I started to disassemble my rear 70, ran into a problem. At one point or another someone smoked an outer wheel bearing and it appears to have warped the spindle. Im not sure If I want to run it or get a new housing. They are generally pretty cheap axles, so I might just spend the 2-300 and get a whole new axle.

Holy huge tire! :eek: :D Will be able to drive it over a school bus with those. That S10 looks really happy with you and your buddy! :rolleyes:

Holy huge tire! :eek: :D Will be able to drive it over a school bus with those. That S10 looks really happy with you and your buddy! :rolleyes:

Over 900 pounds of wheels and tires will do that.

I think I found a new rear axle. D70 from a 1ton Savana Van. Has factory disks and 35 spline, and its cheap.

New D70 rear. 35 spline shafts and 1410 yoke. It has massive dual piston calipers. Should prove useful in stoping the 47's.

DSC_0323-1.jpg

DSC_0324-1.jpg

More parts on the way. I sold my Fox coilovers last night and I have a set of ORI STX Struts on their way.

P1200246.jpg

I also ordered some parts from ruffstuff for the rear end. Im going to inboard the rear springs, so I picked up one of their 63" chevy swap kits as well as D70 swap kits. Ive always been a fan of Dans parts and its nice when he has kits like this to make a complicated project a little easier.

63%20chevy%20leaf%20spring%20swap%20kit.jpg

Simple%20Swap%20with%20Shock%20Brackets%20web%20size.jpg

Struts showed up yesterday, the ruffstuff D60 cover showed up yesterday and the rear axle swap kits should be here tomorrow or thursday.

DSC_0365.jpg

Put in a big order with Artec Industries about 2 weeks ago. Only think I didnt order yet is the full-hydro ram.

Artec Dual Ended Ram Truss for my Dodge Front 60

Set of Reid HD knuckles

Set of Reid Replacement Bronze kingpin bushings

Artec Ultimate High steer kit

truss-hsa-kit.jpg

Parts showed up over the past week or two.

Highsteer arms

DSC_0372.jpg

Truss

DSC_0373.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

I always forget how much bigger D60 parts are then the D44 stuff. Knuckles weigh a lot.

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

New motor has forced me to hit the drawing board on the axles yet again (Cammed and Magnacharged 5.3L Chevy). After talking to some people and weighing the budget on the 1tons, they are up for sale. The 47's would be on the outer edge of the 1tons with my stock v6, now with this new motor, which should be a solid 450-500hp engine the 1tons dont have a chance. Before I get any further into the 1tons I made the choice to sell them and buy a set of rockwells. The rocks will save me roughly $3-4k and I already have a set of H1 double beadlocks for them that came with my 47's. This will also allow me to go with a 4 wheel steering setup.

engine.jpg

...Are you done yet with those jack stands that have been holding this truck up?

..I would like to know the Manuf. and model number as they have done their job for a really long time..:p:

...Are you done yet with those jack stands that have been holding this truck up?

..I would like to know the Manuf. and model number as they have done their job for a really long time..:p:

Haha, I actually lifted the front of the truck the other day with my hoist and moved them a bit so I could position them a little better to get the hoist under them to pull the motor out of the truck.

And yes that is my super sweet "seatbelt" hoist tool holding up the motor. The rangers seatbelts did not die in vain.

DSC_0425.jpg

DSC_0426.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

can we get some axle tech on these haha

I forgot about the tons you were going to build. Still going a different route? I'd be interested in the Hi-steer arms and bronze bushings if you are selling them unless you sold them already.

All those parts are sold. I am picking up a front rockwell this friday though. Have to drive 5 hrs one way to get it, but its cheap so its worth it.

Back