3" Bodylift update, steering shaft issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3" Bodylift update, steering shaft issue

davebar

Reaction score
City, State
Kirtland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Fun, fun , fun.....NOT!

Anyway, I can get my steering shaft to slide down and add the adapter. I was gonna leave it til the end and see if it moves when I jack up the truck.

I did a search on this, but it seems no one else posted about this issue. Anyone have any advice had the same problem? Its and Cleveland truck, so lots of rust and crud under it

i just had to push HARD. its an ackward angle so its hard to get any power on it. maybe some pb blaster to loosen things up?
when i pulled it down, it felt like pushing down a shock. and getting it back up was a doozy too. i got it kinda close, then stuck an allen wrench through the holes and twisted so i could get the holds lined up

OK, I have not really tried to hard to get it to move yet. My concenr is the lower shaft is covered in rust and it does not look as if anything can slide on it. Ill hit it with some PB for a few days and maybe take the wire brush to it. Im sure it will break free.

It has been awhile since I put my body lift on, but I recall having to take it down to someone and have it ground down to a flat edge on one side.

Back