• Register Today It's free!

homelink

sid&geno

Reaction score
City, State
pittsburgh
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 4wd
has anyone else had trouble programming?? cant get mine... ive only tried twice though...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had two different types of garage doors and rushed through the procedure and had a problem. Once I read the owners manual carefully and picked the correct type of door it programed just fine.

Make sure you follow the proceedure very carefully.

I'll ask though, how old are your openers? If they are prior to 1996 then your going to have a problem. One of the openers at my father's house is 1992 or so and while it is rolling code, etc, it was still not compatible. There apparently was some sort of standard change in 1996 on them all. Good news is that if this is the case, you can by an adapter on ebay pretty cheap to get around it. Basically it bypasses the whole radio portion of the openers and it communicates with your transmitter for you and runs the opener.

Mine was easy but did not follow the Ford manual exactly. Press the learn button on the opener, then press and hold one of the three buttons in the truck for 5+ seconds. At this point my garage door didn't start to close, but the lights on the homelink (car2u) flashed as expected. After a few seconds, I pressed the button on the homelink and worked as expected, closing my garage door. I have a genie garage door opener with the learn button in front under the light cover.

Mines a year old craftsman, but i think new ones are all pretty much the same. not gonna lie i didnt read the x manual. i just did it like i program my oter buttons. ill check the manual next chance i get

One think that I had to do to get it to work was make sure i shut the driver door when i got back in to hold the buttons down. Didn't work the first time and had the door open, and when I did it the second time I shut the driver door and it worked.

i definitely had the door open both times

Make sure you press all three buttons first.

Make sure you press all three buttons first.
If you mean this to clear any programs that may exist, you only have to press the 2 outside buttons and hold for approx 20 seconds until the lights begin to flash. Then release. It will clear all 3 buttons. It isn't possible to clear just an individual one. Like they say, it's all or nothing! ;)

has anyone else had trouble programming?? cant get mine... ive only tried twice though...
I had to do it twice. Messed up the first time by not letting go of the button as soon as the garage door began to close.

Do you need to have the accessory power on... power on... or the car started for this to work...

Also... does the garage door need to start down or up?

Found out last night that my transmitor doesn't work and that I need a car 2u convertor kit to get it to work... $35... a small fraction of the price of the car... but still!

Do you need to have the accessory power on... power on... or the car started for this to work...

Also... does the garage door need to start down or up?
The procedure is fully covered in the Owner's Guide starting on page 116. It says key has to be ON. I don't think it matters if garage door is open or closed. I did mine with it open since you have a limited time between pressing the 'Learn' button on the door opener and programming one of the Car2U buttons. Just make sure you release that button as soon as the garage door begins to move.

Found out last night that my transmitor doesn't work and that I need a car 2u convertor kit to get it to work... $35... a small fraction of the price of the car... but still!

I had the same problem where the limited's transmitter wasn't compatible with my garage door opener. Did a search on the internet and found this site "http://www.learcar2u.com/faq/". Left them my name and phone number and they called me in about 10 minutes. Bottom line, they shipped me a converter at no charge!! Hope you get the same treatment..:)

I am having hard time to get my Homelink to work with the Hormann Garage Door. Have tried the manual instructions, tried all other tips in the forum and tried C2U instructions without succesful.

Does somebody had this same experience and how did you solve it????

Thanks in advance for your help..

Back