For those that enjoy the Pine Barrens of South Jersey | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For those that enjoy the Pine Barrens of South Jersey

Mudboy

Reaction score
City, State
Bellmawr NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 ex
On May 14th Waterford Township will be holding it's annual "Spring Clean-up day". For those that don't know Waterford Township is the one of the townships that falls within Wharton State Forest on the western side of the Pine Barrens. This event has been going on since I was a little kid and slowly over the years attendance has gone way with the dinosaurs. I contacted the people who were running it and spoke with them about bringing the attendance up and the were in their glory. I'm just asking if you have enjoyed the time that the Pines have gave you maybe now give some time back to it. It could also be consider a Jersey meet and greet. A majority of the areas that need attention are within the forest and 4 wheel drive would be useful. you may even get a little mud on your truck getting to the trash. I will have a starting time soon but figure May 14th with a rain date on the following saturday. Let me know if youre planning to attend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds like a good deal, ill defintely be there. And one way or another i guarantee ill get mud on my truck when collecting trash.

Interested. Tough for me to commit for anything in May right now, but I'm tentative.

keep me posted too bro ..i'm def interested

just bumping so hopefully some more people can see this,The last Wharton run we had was intended to be a clean up but the snow prevented us from doing that, so I think this is a real good opportunity to help out one of our favorite places to wheel and to show that four wheelers are trying to help and keep our trails open. Its also a great chance for a lot of the members to meet each other, especially since I've seen a big increase in the amount of guys from SJ. If any mods see this would it be possible to incorporate "Wharton state park cleanup" or something similar in the title, so that viewers will know the content of the thread.

thanks for the bump and the good words. There is going to be some big shots there on the environmental end of the spectrum so a good 4x4 turnout for this will go a long way.

Alright, I know the time on the flyer is crazy early. I got permission for us to meet up at 10:00AM and we should be on the trails by 10:30-11:00. We can work until whenever. I will have directions to areas printed out for different groups. Also that day we'll agree on a good time to meet back up at ground zero (clemonton gun club). From there maybe we can all go to the pic and grab dinner. By all means if you want to get there at 7:30 go right ahead, however I will not be there until 10:00AM

217810d1302917001-those-enjoy-pine-barrens-south-jersey-wtrfrd.jpg

i may be there,depends on my schedule,im supposed to be at atco that weekend with my mustang for the nmra may 13-15th,that is if i finish puttin my stang back together in time,if not then i will be there

I'm planning on staying at the campgrounds that weekend with the wife and kids. Is the cleanup in that vicinity also. by the ranger station on 206. if so I'm in.

10 mins away if that.

ill be there for sure, and the pic after sounds awesome...so where are we meeting in the morning. Is the Clementon gun club the one near the raceway?

Yea it is..and I'm Def gonna be there just got my time off aproved

yeah it's by the raceway. If you are coming from Rt 73 going to the raceway, as soon as you get to the raceway boun dry there will be a road on your right( Tremont ave.) turn on tremont and make your first left on Atsion. make first right onto columbia and the gun club will be on your left about a 1/2 mile down.

yea i know exactly where it is. i drive by it every time i go out there cuz at the end of that road is where we take the trail in, i just couldnt remember if thats the one that was right there. im thinking we should get this thread stickied in hopes of more people seeing it because it is a good cause and a good chance to have an awesome group run.

sending a
PM to a mod with the link. It would probably be a good sticky.

I'm out, sorry. Will be down in DC that day.

hey while your down there, think green and clean up the white house a little lol

I will be there that is if I still have the ranger

This is what happens when you have 2 cars that need lovin...its hard to keep an eye on both forums, almost missed this meet!

Count me in for a day of manual labor!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is what happens when you have 2 cars that need lovin...its hard to keep an eye on both forums, almost missed this meet!

Count me in for a day of manual labor!

awesome, glad you can make it. Now you just have to convince your brother and meangreenxlt to take their rigs out.

Back