• Register Today It's free!

4/25 Build Date

Sflan

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I just got an email from my salesman that my Ex is scheduled to be built the week of 4/25 Ordered 3/7 Vin# 4/8

I'm in northern NJ and rarely see them on the road. How about in other parts of the country??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rolling around North NJ with my 1 week old XLT. Have seen 2 on the road, thats it.

Mine is also the week of 4/25.

Ordered on 2/25, VIN# on 4/11. Limited with 302A, moon roof, tow.

I found out today that mine is scheduled for the week of 4/25.

Ordered 3/25
VIN 4/12

Ingot Silver Limited, 4WD, 302A, moon roof, tow

I ordered on 3/28, got my VIN on 4/15 from the dealer. My sales rep ran a "Track a Vehicle" report and I also have Scheduled to Week of 4/25 and Scheduled to Day of 4/25.

My '08 lease is up the end of May and I hope the '11 arrives by then.

Ordered FWD 202A-XLT, Sterling Gray, Blk Interior, Floor Mats and Trailer Tow Pkg.

I was able to pull up my window sticker this morning, my ex ltd, white platinum, light stone interior w/nav is scheduled to be built on 4/26....yipee!!

Stopped at the dealer today. My 4/25 build went to a 5/2.

Ordered FWD 202A-XLT, Sterling Gray, Blk Interior, Floor Mats and Trailer Tow Pkg.

Build Date:4/29/11, just got sticker today
Ingot Silver 4WD Limited, Charcoal Black Interior, 302a, Moonroof, Splashguards

Not many at all here on Long Island.

I have a 4/25 build date too & mine hasn't changed. Not sure if it's the week of 4/25 or the actual build date. It doesn't make a difference to me when I get it, I'm still enjoying my 2007 Navigator and I'm really going to miss the ride on this thing. No way is any new Explorer going to ride as smooth as this truck does.

If anyone's interested, if you go on Google Earth you'll see the Chicago Plant. Follow the RR tracks south and you'll see where the cars from the factory are 1st loaded onto RR cars, then taken further south down to Hammond,Illinois where they're off-loaded into a holding yard (thousands of vehicles in there) until they get loaded onto car carriers to the dealers. No wonder the process takes so many weeks.

Just got my window sticker - 4/29 build date.

Does anybody know how to read the window sticker to know what the build date was or is scheduled for? I think I can decipher a few dates but not sure what they are? anybody help?

look at the top left. There is a sequence of numbers there. It starts with a 1 and looks like this. 120110104. Remove the 1 and your left with the build date of 2011 January 4th. Which was my build date. Cheers.

Ordered 3/30
Got Dora 3/31
Vin # 4/21
Build date 4/29
AWD XLT with 202A, platinum white, pwr gate, BLIS, moonroof
NW OR

Has anyone with a 4/25 build date heard anything new on their vehicle? Put the word out. Keep us updated.

Yes, mine is built awaiting shipment, no ETA as of yet...as per CustSrvc status update.

Yes, mine is built awaiting shipment, no ETA as of yet...as per CustSrvc status update.

How did you find out that it was built?

...as per CustSrvc status update.

For those that may be interested I just (4/30) found an Explorer with a 4/25 build date on a local dealers inventory. Sequential vehicle identifier was A60368, which is less then 10 vehicles off from mine. It looks like they are starting to show up. Does anyone else have any news?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine was built on 4/26 and currently awaiting shipment. Just checked the dealer inventory, don't see it yet.

Back