Buckets or bench? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Buckets or bench?

Lakers

Reaction score
We have decided to purchase! We are going Limited. The big question is bucket or bench. Pros and cons of each?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bench seats three, buckets two?

We have two car seats - buckets, so the third row is accessible.

We have decided to purchase! We are going Limited. The big question is bucket or bench. Pros and cons of each?

I went for the buckets (picture in my thread 2011 Red Candy Limited) because the travel 4-5 inches fore/aft and are auto fold tumble. The bench seats do neither. If you do not need the extra seat, go for the buckets.

I prefer the buckets since I am over 6"ft. It can get uncomfortable sitting in the passenger side w/bench
seats if driver is vertically challenged........

One complaint on the buckets, without the center console: There are no arm rests.
I went with the Bench off the lot because I wanted to be able to haul 7 passengers.

I bought mine off the lot as well, and got the bench seat. I'm almost positive if I'd ordered, I would've still gotten bench for the extra seat. BUT, I'd love the bucket seats - they seem luxurious to me!

Buckets.

Keeps the kids separated and console allows for storage of their game device/charging cords and other stuff.

Also I like the auto flip forward feature.

We went with a bench on our Limited. With a family of 6, we needed the extra seat to be able to take one of the kids' friends with us, or use the extra seat to be able to put down 1 side of the 3rd row if we needed extra room while out.

I went back and forth on buckets vs. bench. The deciding factor for me was the ability to haul more people, primarily kids. The inability to adjust the bench fore/aft is a SERIOUS disappointment. That said, 99.5% of the use will be hauling kids and/or shorter adults.

buckets.

Keeps the kids separated and console allows for storage of their game device/charging cords and other stuff.

Also i like the auto flip forward feature.

+1

I vote buckets:thumbsup:

i went back and forth on buckets vs. Bench. The deciding factor for me was the ability to haul more people, primarily kids. The inability to adjust the bench fore/aft is a serious disappointment. That said, 99.5% of the use will be hauling kids and/or shorter adults.

+1

I went with bench, kids play alot of hockey and I usually end up towing other kids along. That being said. I can actually fit 3 hockey bags in the back with the third row seats up.

The one we bought off the lot had buckets so we took it, now glad we did. The bench seats just do not fold the way I need them to.

Jack

The bucket seats were a huge deciding factor for us. The centre console is great for storing all the kids things. The push button fold works well. The button can be pressed from the back to allow the third row passenger to pop the seat up to get out.

Buckets.

Also I like the auto flip forward feature.

Same Exact reason we bought ours with the buckets.....

Bench:

1. Room for 1 more passenger overall (our family- 2 adults, 2 kids, and still room for another "family" of 2 adults and a kid- common for us)
2. Center arm rest folds down
3. Can put two kids in center and side and still get to third row without crawling to center of truck first.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back