Remote start? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote start?

cg13

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 ford explorer lim
I took delivery of a new explorer limited 2011; fully loaded - anyways just got back from vacation and couldn't get the remote start feature to work.

The top of the key. Fob. Has a button im supposed to hit twice... But the car never starts, any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You may want to get it checked out at the dealer. If it is like aftermarket ones you do need to have a very slight pause between two times you press.

I took delivery of a new explorer limited 2011; fully loaded - anyways just got back from vacation and couldn't get the remote start feature to work.

The top of the key. Fob. Has a button im supposed to hit twice... But the car never starts, any ideas?

You know its 1X lock press first then 2X on remote press.

It's actually 1x lock, 2x remote start, left foot in the air, left thumb on nose.

I think that is so ridiculous that you have to do a three button press to start your car!

Pressing a start button twice is sufficient. I have owned many vehicles with remote start and never accidentally had the button depress twice to start the car unexpectedly.

Ford makes you lock it before remote starting because they know people leave their cars unlocked. Pushing two buttons a total of three times is no big thing to me.

Ford makes you lock it before remote starting because they know people leave their cars unlocked. Pushing two buttons a total of three times is no big thing to me.

I agree.

My other vehicles automatically locked the doors on remote start.

Nomydealer said press the top button twice to start... No wonder its never worked...trying now

Nomydealer said press the top button twice to start... No wonder its never worked...trying now

There is a pictorial on the back of the remote.

Not having it, I would have to imagine without the key in the ignition(keyfob in proximity for the Limited) as soon as you touch the brake the engine would shut off as this is how all mine have worked previously.

Back